CoinPeople.com

Legal Tender

canadianjd

the reason i asked was opn ebay there was an auction for 100-1973 consecutive 1 dollar bills. It was selling for 3 dollars or so. i thought he was either crazy, ripping us of or wrong. i posted this topic before i read on and he is only selling them one at a time. Just wanted to be clear if they were legal or not (thought they are) i was wondering what this guy could be up to before i read on.

Sorry but thanks anyway

All Bank of Canada notes are legal tender. You might not be able to spend them though, as most people probably wouldn't recognize even the 1970s series.

Chartered bank notes (ie. Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank) are not legal tender (never were), but are redeemable by the Bank of Canada. Probably not a wise move to do so, though! :ninja:

Chartered bank notes (ie. Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank) are not legal tender (never were), but are redeemable by the Bank of Canada. Probably not a wise move to do so, though! ;)

Chartered banknotes in choice condition are redeemed by myself at four times face. I am better than the Bank of Canada :ninja:

Archived