CoinPeople.com

Is this an AU COIN?

coinmonster

Woooooooohoooooooooooo............................Me being so new and not really knowing grades but sitting here with 2 magazines and the new red book in my hand................I was thinking this coin wasn't quite what the seller said it was.Then again the auction didn't say it was a defnite AU coin, kind of let the buyer decide.

I am just trying to teach myself right now :ninja: Thank you for your help and if you have time check out my other post as I might bid on that coin.

From the photo, I would say VF .........The reverse also helps with the total grade,any problems with the coin like major scratches,and bumbs& dings, cleanings,ect... will always knock down the coin in a grade or maybe two!even though it may indeed grade XFine, it may net VG.of fine..

Guest 50cents

From the obverse picture only, it looks like an EF. I search for walking libertys all the time on ebay and let me tell you something I would say 75% of the raw ones are overgraded.

VF by my ability to see from the pic, but it could look better in hand. Walkers wear very quickly in circulation, and weak strikes contribute to early wear. Enjoy the coin, regardless of what you finally decide the grade is. The Walking Lib is by far the most artistic design on any circulation half, and is one of my favorite US coins.

Archived