CoinPeople.com

More from the bulk swap pennies for tokens!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This next group are the last batch of the bulk penny swap. In the total off everything that was in the swap. I am a very happy swapper! But some of what ends up in an exonumia collectors boxes is differently interesting.
FullSizeRender%20373.jpg
FullSizeRender%20345.jpg
FullSizeRender%20354.jpg
Buttons probably from metal detecting. The next two is older from the design and loop back.
FullSizeRender%20382.jpg
FullSizeRender%20391.jpg
A very well worn token even under magnification, nothing could be made out.

Nice finds. There are a lot of folks who collect buttons. I would think these old items would be prized finds.

Yes I'm aware of the button collectors but only of the old hand made types and carved ones out of ivory,bone, whale teeth, jet, and other mineral organic items. but that is a job for winter. right now I still am under a list of things that need doing outside before the snow hits!

FullSizeRender%20342.jpg
FullSizeRender%20377.jpg
Nice conversion of possibly souvenir coins years ago
FullSizeRender%20338.jpg
awards pin
FullSizeRender%20376.jpg
Jewelry dangle

More nice items. I've seen the Netherlands pieces used in bracelets before. I'm thinking that it's a pretty common thing. Nice design.

FullSizeRender%20392.jpg
FullSizeRender%20384.jpg
Looks to be the start of rolling a coin for a ring, they couldn't have picked a harder material coin to work on!
FullSizeRender%20360.jpg
FullSizeRender%20358.jpg
Nice small charm in sterling, river boats being a minor interest of mine so it was another bonus find in the swap.

Nice. I never got the fractional bar thing either. But I guess folks like them. They sure sell enough.

Neat squished pennies. I so remember South of the Border. I think it's still there but not much of a draw these days.

FullSizeRender%20372.jpg
FullSizeRender%20368.jpg
FullSizeRender%20357.jpg
An Adams magic coin which was used in the multiplying coin tricks, they were cheaper for the magi to have a lot of them on hand than actual coins. plus they were less appealing to theft. They ca=me in .40 and dollar coin sizes.
FullSizeRender%20359.jpg
A lucky penny key ring.

I've seen those mercury dime copies before. I think they made them on a bracelet back in the 50s or 60s.