CoinPeople.com

More from the bulk swap pennies for tokens!

Yes the general land office was one of the very nice bonuses in one of the swaps. I had never heard of it and wiki provided an answer, also another one I had never heard of the United States Grazing Service either! These both were combined into the dreaded BLM (Bureau of Land Mangement) on July 16, 1946. And to find both in such great condition the second is a standard pewter Civil War Medal sold at the national battle ground parks. I have found that the tokens have provided a continuing education as I aquire them.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I believe the first one is a notgeld. Don't remember the Kennedy portrait from that medal. Nice!! :bthumbsup:

Could have been used as such, it is really play money very thin aluminum disk like the chicken feed and the thin dime I posted a few days ago. There were so many coins but even more paper notes that were issued during the times of crisis In Germany and many other countries. Google images for notegelds there is a mqssive abundance of them from Germany and other counties.

Nice. The Morgan dollar-like silver rounds can be nice. Plus you have the added value of the silver

This is the start of box Number 3
image.jpg111.jpg
plastic same both sides now there are printed on cardboard.
image.jpg109.jpg
image.jpg108.jpg
It appears that somebody really didn't like the person on the obverse of the coin, as the damage is confind to the face
image.jpg106.jpg
And of course the coy of an old coin.

Yep haven't got round tuit cleaning them that is, to much other stuff with life getting in the way of hobbies! There was more of the metal dector finds in the bulk swaps. But over all the good stuff has out weighed the marginal ones and the other off the wall items. Since I am neither a get it grade fanatic or it has to be in the natural found condition, and most would be found in the bargain bins of the LCS. I know some woll cringe at the previous statements. BUt there would be more interested in buying good looking tokens than a market for the high dolled slabed ones I think! :clown2: