CoinPeople.com

5kop1787EM with strange eagle

sigistenz

The heavy coins may or may not arrive quickly. Sometimes they are stopped by customs and sent back to seller with a note "no-no-no!" and a picture of a shaking index finger. All they need, after that (if brave enough) send it again, and you get it, or will never hear from them again... Never happened to me though. I received all coins from Russia or Ukraine, even if I had to wait over a month. I'd say - go for it. If bought via e-Bay and paid with PayPal, you will almost always get your money back if you don't get the item, so risk is reasonably small...

The heavy coins may or may not arrive quickly. Sometimes they are stopped by customs and sent back to seller with a note "no-no-no!" and a picture of a shaking index finger. All they need, after that (if brave enough) send it again, and you get it, or will never hear from them again... Never happened to me though. I received all coins from Russia or Ukraine, even if I had to wait over a month. I'd say - go for it. If bought via e-Bay and paid with PayPal, you will almost always get your money back if you don't get the item, so risk is reasonably small...

I do not like the grade, will keep away.

Do you mean that it looks more like the 1778/9 transitional type?

I do not find a similar eagle anywhere - but I will stay away anyway because the coin is not nice enough

Sigi, I would not get my hopes up. To me, it is an obvious fake.

I do not think so, to me it looks real but not nice enough.

Thanks to all of you, happy hunting!

Sigi

-

• 1 month later...

Sigi, did you receive this coin yet ? Is this an original ?

Sigi, did you receive this coin yet ? Is this an original ?

I did not bid - the grade was not nice enough AND I do not risk to have sent something from Russia :pardon:

Sigi

-