CoinPeople.com

Germany 1 mark 1955 G ms 65.Rare ?

necron4ever

could be due to the fact only 2,500,000 were made. The lowest minted coin of that value that year?

just checked pcgs and ngc .pcgs 1 coin ngc 2 coins in ms 65 .its top grade .asking about real price because i bought it for 323$ .and wanna know or iam lucky or its real price

Early 1950s mark coins were seldom kept in high grade, and so UNC pieces command significant premiums.

The G mint is generally the scarcer one.

However, I should note that slab grades are disregarded in Germany, and auctions will generally apply their own grade to an item, and I've seen plenty of MS- slabs get assigned grades less than stempelglanz. And the difference between a stempelglanz and a stempelglanz- can be huge.

Best would be to check recently sold listings at major auctions in Germany.

But I must stress that being in a MS slab regardless of whether it's a MS-60 or MS-70 is no guarantee it'll be considered stempeglanz.

Wow! That’s a beautiful possession. If you go by the price offered by some of the online coin dealers, it approximates to $350 for a Mark in that condition. As the cliché goes, anyone can ask any price for anything; it's not really a reliable guide for general pricing….. Find the right buyer. A numismatist will pay you a higher price than a coin dealer or a jeweler.