CoinPeople.com

Commemoratives

Jazinta

I used to collect US Commemorative Coins but gave it up about 5 years ago. I prefer the Classical Commemorative myself. Also started a nice set of 2 Euro commems but the specialty coins made that unattractive for me rather quickly.

I have to agree. The Canadian coins are very nice and I especially like some of their series, like the trains. It's just that they issue so many different coins each year. It would be hard to keep up.

I only collect now some commemoratives of Ukraine and for some reason Netherlands. Ukraine coins I can buy at the bank usually, but some particular pieces are a pain to find. Netherlands coins can be bought for face value also if they are base metal. Used to be in guilder era they made silver commems they sold at face value, then for a couple of years of Euro you could and then they stopped selling them at face when silver went up.

I only collect 25c / quarters, and it's getting a bit out of hand. I mean, there's over 100 different types that can be encountered in circulation between the two countries.

I didn't complete the State quarters collections yet and there's still the Vancouver olympics quarters and now National Parks and only have 2.