CoinPeople.com

Currency Sets you DO NOT REALLY LIKE ?

MauMauNotes

i was thinking about opening a thread about those SETS you (well me!) really wish they were REDESIGNED because GRAPHICALLY POOR or NOT AS nice as that Country History-Art (etc)

well one Country Set I CANNOT REALLY LIKE (and i wish it was much more nicer than the one in use is)

RUSSIA

russia-273%20.JPG

i just CAN'T digest the style, what about you ?

(ofcourse the Euro Currency is one of the Top in the list too, design style + country own style killing)

I agree with the above and add the modern issues of China and Japan (Too bland - and they have so much historical reference and culture to draw from), Saudi Arabia (poor portrait and back design), Azerbaijan (too boring and Euro-like), Finland's last issue (The Euro is actually better!)

There are surely others, but these top my charts.

I agree with the above and add the modern issues of China and Japan (Too bland - and they have so much historical reference and culture to draw from), Saudi Arabia (poor portrait and back design), Azerbaijan (too boring and Euro-like), Finland's last issue (The Euro is actually better!)

There are surely others, but these top my charts.

These were still circulating when I was there in 2006, but quickly being replaced by the Mao notes:

china2jiao.jpg

china5jiao.jpg

china2yuan.jpg

I have the whole typeset up to the 100 Yuan, one of the most attractive issues ever in China. Too bad they were replaced with that pickled former premier.