CoinPeople.com

How's about them Lincolns!!!

Art

We've got threads for posting Roosevelt Dimes, Jefferson Nickels, Presidential Dollars and now what is probably the single most collected of all "modern" coins, the Lincoln Cent.

997748.jpg

Gotta figure out how to photograph my MS-67 steelie. From what I can tell the highest any have ever been graded is MS 68.

That can be quite a challenge. I'm still very unhappy with my coin photographs but I'll keep working on it.

It is more difficult in a slab to be sure, especially one that is badly scuffed up. (Sometimes short depth of field can take care of a scuff on the slab.) I have better luck photographing raw coins. But someday when I have nothing pressing to do I will probably run through my entire typeset which is about half done--alas the stuff that is left is the expensive and/or difficult to find fully struck stuff.

Nice Lincolns Mark. One of the great things about Lincolns is the variety of conditions you can find them in and the huge number of people who collect and hoard them.

http://robecsimages.com/prooflincolns.html

Not sure if this link works but if it does, lots of Lincoln Cents there.

WOW ... :swoon: ... VERY nice coins! :bthumbsup:

Not just Lincolns ... love those Buffalo nickels, too! :wub:

PS ... you might want to put on some sunglasses before visiting that site ... :lol:

Wowww... how do the companies grade the luster and... ruster... of some of those steelies?

I think steelies are particularly difficult to grade. There have been so many resurfacing and replating projects that it can be quite difficult to tell at first glance. High quality circulated coins can easily be made to appear to be MS.

I really prefer the look of coins in the NGC slabs even though the majority of my coins are PCGS slabbed. This came about mostly because NGC allows me to enter PCGS or NGC or NCS coins in my Registry Sets.

998108.jpg

A lot of the folks around here seem to think that the shield reverse on the Lincoln is a big improvement over the Memorial. I think it's just that it's new and different. What do you say?

997748.jpg

Archived