CoinPeople.com

In need of help please

Hello, i have been selling some coins on ebay for a friend who is seriously ill,neither him or me know anything about coins.I have had a few people bidding on them that have told me i'm not getting anything like the real value i could be getting.

I have discarded most of them as not worth selling on their own and sold quite a few looking on past sales but i'm stuck on quite a few now, any help with identification would be great.

What do you reckon these are? Sorry about the poor quality the one on the left isn't flat so it effected the scan.

Thanks.

coins.jpg

coins1.jpg

I can tell you that the one on the far right is a French coin weight made of brass. Perhaps Louix XIIII, so about 1660? Not too sure from these scans but those are my thoughts.

Thanks for the quick reply ,i will try some more scans and brighten them up.

Scanner is playing up at the moment , rebooting will fix it but need to leave the pc on for now, is the brass coin worth selling on its own in your opinion.

Thanks.

The large one with the stamps on it, appears to be a counterstamped coin from Malta during the 18th century. The coin top and centre is from the Papal States and is dated 1802. Coin under it with St. George slaying the dragon is a 2 Kopek from Russia from the reign of Elizabet dated 1761. Coin on right, with fleur de lis is a jeton-weight from 17th century France - the weight corresponding to 1 pistole - a gold coin from the era.

The large one with the stamps on it, appears to be a counterstamped coin from Malta during the 18th century. The coin top and centre is from the Papal States and is dated 1802. Coin under it with St. George slaying the dragon is a 2 Kopek from Russia from the reign of Elizabet dated 1761. Coin on right, with fleur de lis is a jeton-weight from 17th century France - the weight corresponding to 1 pistole - a gold coin from the era.

Thanks for this info ,i manged to get the scanner working again ,a bit of confliction though gold/brass on the 1 pistol coin.

coins3.jpg

coins4.jpg

Archived