CoinPeople.com

Satirical encased dime

bill

987978.jpg

As noted, its not my political view, but I still appreciate the political comment. the 2008 D dime ties back to the the 2008 Democratic convention in Denver.

While I understand where the comment is coming from (not my view, I'm a San Francisco liberal), I wonder how the makers view the latest "tax compromise"? (Again, I'm enjoying the irony, not looking to spark a political debate.)

And, its a nice dime to boot!

HA! Using a democrats words against democrats! Seems odd as the Bush - cheney administration was so often referred to as the Fear mongers, but whatever. The collection of this could fall into political ephemera, numismatics, or exonumia. Similar to a token, but uses the dime (with the portrait of Roosevelt who "coined" the phrase) encased. Where'd you pick this curiosity up? Do you know of any other similarly encased US coins? It'd be an interesting collection (if there were others) for sure.

I bought it on Ebay from a store in Utah (I presume the company who produced or at least ordered the encasements). I think this fits into a long history of political tokens, medals, etc. Bryan money is the most common type of political pieces to come to mind, but there are many others.

Love the significance of the date and mint! Gotta say thats pretty good looking despite what it says and what they intend it to mean. I'm a big FDR fan and I'd gladly give a comrade a dime for that sucker!

It's OK I guess but probably just one more item being added to the growing hobby of coins. Books, pamphlets, magazines, folders, Albums and tons of other items for people in this hobby lately. Not long ago they started with the flattened cents, itched names and numbers on the coins, etc. I've even seen a toilet seat made up in coins.

:hysterical:

I think I need to get one of those ... anybody have a link to a supplier?

I don't see any listed at present, but I'll keep watching.

Archived