CoinPeople.com

1904 10 kopeks AP: 1901 Overdate ?

russia_coins

Hi All,

I found this 1904AP 10 kopeks in my collection with a "fat" 4. Do you think is a overdate, missed strike or mechanical damage? Have anybody seen this before ? There's also some kind of point after "4".

IMG_0420.JPG

:art:

Hi All,

I found this 1904AP 10 kopeks in my collection with a "fat" 4. Do you think is a overdate, missed strike or mechanical damage? Have anybody seen this before ? There's also some kind of point after "4".

if there something - I can see only <<<<I>>>> :)

Hi All,

IMG_0420.JPG

Could be a combination of these things. It does look like there might be an overdate, although the vertical bar of the "4" wouldn't be so wide just for that reason. The Kazakov reference work lists two date varieties for one of the minors of 1901 -- the "01" farther apart or closer together. But I don't remember which it was, so I'll look it up later tonight. If it is an overdate, the "1" underneath the "4" would probably match up with one of those two varieties (if it is the 10k that has the varieties).

Archived