CoinPeople.com

My Want List Shortened By 1 Item!

alexbq2

Just got this one!

986820.jpg

Alex,

Coin is rare, but something wrong with numbers in the date. Possible was re-engrave /tooling/,somebody try bring up condition of the coin. I'm sorry for telling you, it is only my opinion. You should view your coin in magnifying glass 1X10 or more.

Rarenum.

Alex,

Coin is rare, but something wrong with numbers in the date. Possible was re-engrave /tooling/,somebody try bring up condition of the coin. I'm sorry for telling you, it is only my opinion. You should view your coin in magnifying glass 1X10 or more.

Rarenum.

Hmm, can't say that I see anything. I will post zoomed in pictures of that area later.

Here's a picture from MiM, but it is a 39/40 overdate:

1839-12-2.jpg

Hmm, can't say that I see anything. I will post zoomed in pictures of that area later.

Here's a picture from MiM, but it is a 39/40 overdate:

Numbers from MiM coin looks different , possible better zoomed image will help.

Is the "9" in 1839 supposed to look like this?

I know what you mean.. "9" looks like it was taken from different fairytale,

but it is like that. Everything is OK.

Just when they were preparing production someone changed fonts on computer

and it went like that :rofl:

Alex,

Congrat again.. I have only 1/4 and 1 kopeken...

Hi Alex, I was interested in the coin as well, the 9 sure looks funny. I compared the Michailovich picture,

the pictures of the Brekke collection specimen and the Aalborg (Copenhagen) collection coin.

All the three 1839 coins have a slanting 9.

If your 9 were fake, the 3 would have to be fake as well because 1839 is the only date in the 30s.

Taking into account the pictures of the three coins mentioned above, I think your date doesn't look suspicious.

Congratulations to a rare coin in an exceptionally nice condition. :clapping: Sigi

Just got this one!

Th ultimate decision can be only made when this coin is inspected under microscop. And I tell you why: I recently got denga 1810 SPB-FG and I had doubts from the picture in the beginning but the real true came when coin was received and placed under miscroscop - then I saw what those folks done to the coin, - all altered details !! From the picture the start-topic gave us, - yes, - it does look genuine :)

Th ultimate decision can be only made when this coin is inspected under microscop. And I tell you why: I recently got denga 1810 SPB-FG and I had doubts from the picture in the beginning but the real true came when coin was received and placed under miscroscop - then I saw what those folks done to the coin, - all altered details !! From the picture the start-topic gave us, - yes, - it does look genuine :)

I only have a x20 loop, but could not detect any disturbance in the field around the date.

I only have a x20 loop, but could not detect any disturbance in the field around the date.

Better images help a lot.

1. Coin is acceptable for collection and I hope you will find more you missing for full set “CM”.

2. Coin was clean and dark spot was removed in some aria between numbers and letters, it wasn’t done to bring up the condition of the coin as I told you before, somebody just try to removed dark spot and save a coin.

Rarenum.

Better images help a lot.

1. Coin is acceptable for collection and I hope you will find more you missing for full set “CM”.

2. Coin was clean and dark spot was removed in some aria between numbers and letters, it wasn’t done to bring up the condition of the coin as I told you before, somebody just try to removed dark spot and save a coin.

Rarenum.

Thank you for taking a look! There might have been some dirt removed, but the patina does not appear to be disturbed.

1839 on these coins puzzles me somewhat.

Why did the Suzun mint start this production in 1839 while everyone else joined in 1840? And why these backward overdates?

They had clearly prepared some dies for 1840 and then decided to use them in 1839 so had to alter the date. But why? Did they not make enough dies for 1839 so had to use some that were prepared for 1840?

Or were they not planning to start in 1839 at all, prepared the 1840 dies, but then something changed and they started in 1839 with altered dies?

Archived