CoinPeople.com

1899 AU 50 1 c Cent Canada Major Die Crack Face ERROR ??

cardscoins

:confus: I see some verdigris in the field and what appears to be a blackish colored streak across the face that appears to be some sort of toning, perhaps from contact with a piece of thread?

I think he is talking about the nearly vertical line that intersects that dark line that runs horizontal just under Vicky's lip.

I checked out the larger pics on the Ebay listing, maybe he is talking about that dark line. I am still unconvinced though.

Good chance that ICCS would have noticed and notated a die crack.

As far as I know, ICCS only denotes die cracks if they are part of a specific/well-published variety. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. I've seen a number of ICCS certs with "die rotation" listed, but I don't recall ever seeing one that mentions random die cracks.

I checked out the larger pics on the Ebay listing, maybe he is talking about that dark line. I am still unconvinced though.

As far as I know, ICCS only denotes die cracks if they are part of a specific/well-published variety. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head. I've seen a number of ICCS certs with "die rotation" listed, but I don't recall ever seeing one that mentions random die cracks.

I stand corrected. I own exactly one ICCS certified coin and it's going to NGC as soon as I find some spare time.

Archived