CoinPeople.com

1883 ruble - the funniest translation ever seen

one-kuna

I found english and russian translation is hysterical funny for this ebay auction :ninja:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Russland-Russia-Alexand...=item563e3af2e0

Spaßbieter :

Leider müssen wir an dieser Stelle einmal deutlich machen,

das Spaßbieter, die Ihre bestellte Ware nicht bezahlen uns sehr viel Geld kosten.

Daher werden wir künftig ein solches Verhalten nicht mehr akzeptieren und unseren Anwalt einschalten.

Es gibt zwischenzeitlich eindeutige Gerichtsurteile,

nach denen Spaßbieter zu Schadenersatz heran gezogen wurden.

Darüber hinaus wird eine Bearbeitungsgebühr von 15% des Warenwertes erhoben.

Allen anderen Ebayern wünschen wir viel Spaß beim Bieten und sind jederzeit auch persönlich am Telefon für Sie da. Danke!

Fun bidding:

Unfortunately, we must make once clear at this point,

Fun bidding pay your ordered goods not cost much money.

Therefore we will no longer accept such behaviour and cut our lawyer.

There are meanwhile unique Court

whereby fun bidding were drawn to damages farther.

Also charged a fee of 15 % of merchandise value.

All other Ebayern we hope you enjoy in our shop and are there any time personally on the phone for you. Thank you!

Divertimento offerte:

Purtroppo, dobbiamo fare una volta chiaro a questo punto,

Offerte divertente pagare la merce ordinata non costano molto denaro.

Quindi ci saranno non più accettare tali comportamenti e tagliare il nostro avvocato.

Ci sono nel frattempo unica Corte

secondo la quale divertimento offerte erano disegnati al risarcimento dei danni più lontano.

Anche addebitata una tariffa del 15 % del valore della merce.

Tutti gli altri Ebayern speriamo si godono nel nostro negozio e ci sono in qualsiasi

momento personalmente al telefono per voi. Grazie!

Весело торгов:

К сожалению мы должны сделать один раз в этот момент очистить

Не весело торгов оплатить ваш заказанные товары затрат, сколько денег.

Поэтому мы будем больше не принимать такого поведения и вырезать нашего юриста.

Тем временем существуют уникальные суда

соответствии с которым развлечения торгов было обращено на убытки дальше.

Также обвинения сбор в 15 % от стоимости товара.

Все другие Ebayern, мы надеемся, вы пользовались в нашем магазине и существуют любое время лично по телефону для вас.

Спасибо!

Amusant d'enchères :

Malheureusement, nous devons veiller à la fois clair à ce stade,

Enchères amusant payer vos marchandises commandées ne coûtent pas beaucoup d'argent.

C'est pourquoi nous n'est plus accepter un tel comportement et réduire notre avocat.

Il n'y a entre-temps Cour unique

amusant par laquelle les enchères ont été dessinés à des dommages-intérêts plus loin.

Également payer une taxe de 15 % de la valeur des marchandises.

Tous les autres Ebayern nous espérons que vous appréciez dans notre boutique

et sont là à tout moment personnellement sur le téléphone pour vous. Merci!

may be in German it does, but there is a French as well :ninja:

It does make a bit more sense in the original, from what I and my high school German lessons can make of it -- but it looks like it was translated by machine, and not a good one. Babelfish cranks out a slightly clearer one, although it chokes on 'Spaßbieter'.

'Spaßbieter' seems to be in the sense of one who places a bid 'playfully' -- i.e., without any intent to make good on it. Personally, I would've gone with 'Betrugbieter' -- fraud-bidder.

So I'd render the first sentence in English as "Unfortunately, we must make it clear that fake bidders who do not pay us for their orders cost us a lot of money." I'm not 100% clear on the next two sentences, but they basically threaten legal action -- "switching on" their lawyer and referring to unnamed court cases where 'play-bidders' were made to pay damages, I think. Then a comment about having to raise their handling fee (S&H, I suppose) to 15%, and lastly a fairly boilerplate thanks.

I have sometimes wondered what the Babelfish'd French I've had to use (as I don't speak it) has come across with the seller. Since the orders went smoothly enough, apparently okay. I always include the original English, and a note in both languages that it was machine-translated so they don't think I'm an illiterate... just a non-Francophone barbarian. :ninja:

'Spaßbieter' seems to be in the sense of one who places a bid 'playfully' -- i.e., without any intent to make good on it. Personally, I would've gone with 'Betrugbieter' -- fraud-bidder.

So I'd render the first sentence in English as "Unfortunately, we must make it clear that fake bidders who do not pay us for their orders cost us a lot of money."

"Frivolous bidders" would be better. Otherwise, you gave a very good translation (condensed) of the German original.

Hello ikaros,

Welcome to the Russian forum. ;)

I'm curious about your attractive avatar. :ninja:

When I first looked at it, I wondered what "One S" was ;) , then realized that these are the cardinal points of the compass.

But the "O" was puzzling. I'm now thinking it might be French - Nord, Sud, Est & Ouest.

Can you tell us a bit about it? It looks like gold, possibly for French achievements in flight, around the time of WWI, possibly sometime before or afterward. I'm guessing that it is probably rare.

Thanks! ;)

Hello ikaros,

Welcome to the Russian forum. ;)

Thanks! I haven't poked in here before since Russian coins aren't a main point of my collection, but I couldn't resist this topic. :yes:

All the Russian issues I have are Soviet-era (mostly 1960s-1980s, with a couple from the '40s) and post-Soviet issues. Nothin' fancy.

I'm curious about your attractive avatar. :ninja:

When I first looked at it, I wondered what "One S" was ;) , then realized that these are the cardinal points of the compass.

But the "O" was puzzling. I'm now thinking it might be French - Nord, Sud, Est & Ouest.

Can you tell us a bit about it? It looks like gold, possibly for French achievements in flight, around the time of WWI, possibly sometime before or afterward. I'm guessing that it is probably rare.

Thanks! ;)

It is unfortunately not a coin I own. You are correct, it's a French piece, celebrating the 'century of aviation'. It was issued in 2000, and part of a series the French mint did on the 20th Century (it's a gorgeous run of coins--I need to get my hands on all of them eventually as they fit my 'science' subcollection).

The gold was denominated at 100Fr; there's also a silver 10Fr issue that's more towards my wallet's tastes. I chose it because of the Icarus motif (though obviously I use a more direct transliteration of the original Greek Ικαρως for my ID). Both gold and silver were low mintage -- 1000 and 10000 respectively. I'm keeping an eye on eBay for a silver one. :rofl:

"Frivolous bidders" would be better. Otherwise, you gave a very good translation (condensed) of the German original.

And it's been 30 years since I took German! My old teacher would be pleased, I'm sure. Scratch that, he'd be stunned. :ninja:

Archived