CoinPeople.com

RUBLE 1912 SPB-EB MINT LUSTER !

kopeikin

I understand of course that these days it is close to impossible to determine authenticity by just looking at the pictures. This rouble however is supposed to be extremely rare. Imagine there we just 2500 pieces made! For last few months there were about 3 of these sold on eBay. It looks like some scam is going on.

dinaburg's one is different from chinese pieces :ninja:

dinaburg's one is different from chinese pieces :ninja:

dinaburg.da-pils rouble looks like being whizzed and polished with cloth till shines. They do it with all of their coins probably for better sales. I am not an expert to determine how both dinaburg.da-pils and China one are close to original.

Do not see anything wrong from these photos (listing 1). On the other hand, the photos are not too good... Cannot say the same about the second listing.

This ruble is not rare by any means. I had 3 at one time. A friend has 7, one of which is graded Proof. The proof ones are very rare. The MS are very easy to find. The 1st coin does not look cleaned. For some reason some of these are original frosted milky white and still grade very high, maybe had to do with the die surface.

i was wondering if dinaburg's one is really from kunker auction :ninja:

Do not see anything wrong from these photos (listing 1). On the other hand, the photos are not too good... Cannot say the same about the second listing.

This ruble is not rare by any means. I had 3 at one time. A friend has 7, one of which is graded Proof. The proof ones are very rare. The MS are very easy to find. The 1st coin does not look cleaned. For some reason some of these are original frosted milky white and still grade very high, maybe had to do with the die surface.

may be this rouble is the case when the counterfeits are too good? There were just 2500 pcs made for the whole world. It is hard to believe so many people decided to part with this rarity at the same time.

I agre that this ruble not rare at all but in proof yes;

If I need to buy this ruble, I would choose an auction or coin show :ninja:

may be this rouble is the case when the counterfeits are too good? There were just 2500 pcs made for the whole world. It is hard to believe so many people decided to part with this rarity at the same time.

Who told you about 2500 pcs!? That is a bunch of bat guano. It is a 26000 pcs. mintage. Moreover, we do not know whether the Soviets increased it a bit like they did with Gangut...

Would be intesting to know if dinaburg is russian-speaking or american dealer,

sometimes his/her description breaks any logics :ninja:

P.S. fresh sample with Saint Nicholas II (Alexandrovich Romanov)

Would be intesting to know if dinaburg is russian-speaking or american dealer,

sometimes his/her description breaks any logics :ninja:

P.S. fresh sample with Saint Nicholas II (Alexandrovich Romanov)

He speaks perfect Russian. Btw, "Dinaburg" is the old name of the city of Daugavpils (Dvinsk).

I believe, the whole royal family were recently canonized by the Orthodox church in Russia?

is this a question or a statement :ninja:

Thank you, Maya. I was unaware that had occurred.

:ninja:

There was a lot of controversy concerning the canonization of the Tsar and his family. It was initiated by the Russian Orthodox church outside Russia, and I am not sure that church had the necessary authority to complete the process. When in the early 2000's the Orthodox church in Russia agreed to the canonization it became more widely accepted.

His Imperial Highness The Grand Duke Georgii Mikhailovich Romanov is among them :ninja:

Dindling thing is 100% fake.

Same old, same old. Look at the letters. E-l-i-k-u-m ( Эликум) was master's name. Not something starting with Z.

(Э.Б), NOT (З.Б)

Rare? :ninja: Personally, I think 25000 is an error... May be 125 000 were struck in reality, or more... Unless all 25000 are abroad and in a possession of the collectors. ;) Almost every dealer had them in our city a few years ago... I can say same thing BKB said about friends. Randomly visited stores in Europe had them than...

Just like 1915 rouble. 500 pcs? May be 500 000 in reality?

What puzzles me that Kazakov, Bitkin and others had access to hundreds of auction catalogs were they can see clearly way more than 500 pcs of 1915 roubles were listed over the last 20 years. Nevertheless - 500 pcs. Period. Despite the facts.

Same with "Dvorik". They forgot the "0" in mintage as well. (In my opinion of course...)

Please excuse me from going off topic a bit...

What pazzles me that Kazakov, Bitkin and others had access to hundreds of auction catalogs.

Please exuse me from going off topic a bit...

in all respect to catalogers:

I would note that above catalogers had access to not so many catalogs as you think,

even those two-three hundred they had, did not reflect the real mintage quantity of a ruble discussed in this topic;

to observe more quatities of catalogs would require significally more time (or years),

which both could not go through by many reasons, and, as a result - we all enjoy the copies (books) being issued so far.

I appreciate your excuse being a little off topic, why - because million times I observe the others tell tales too far from a topic and never excused, moreover, buging the subject with foreign unrelated samples. Thank you ! :ninja:

Dindling thing is 100% fake.

Same old, same old. Look at the letters. E-l-i-k-u-m ( Эликум) was master's name. Not something starting with Z.

(Э.Б), NOT (З.Б)

Absolutely! :ninja:

Just like 1915 rouble. 500 pcs? May be 500 000 in reality?

What puzzles me that Kazakov, Bitkin and others had access to hundreds of auction catalogs were they can see clearly way more than 500 pcs of 1915 roubles were listed over the last 20 years. Nevertheless - 500 pcs. Period. Despite the facts.

Even H.M. Severin back in the 1960's questions this low number:

"...This figure unacceptable as author has handled and seen many specimens; 7 reposing on a tray in one instance."

In R.W. Julian's reference Russian Silver Coinage (1796-1917) he remarks in a footnote on the Nicholas II roubles (p. 101):

"About 5,000 roubles of 1915 were struck at Petrograd in 1921 for the Far Eastern Republic."

But even 5,000 seems like it is much too low considering that you can find one almost every week on eBay; and seemingly every major auction has one listed.

In R.W. Julian's reference Russian Silver Coinage (1796-1917) he remarks in a footnote on the Nicholas II roubles (p. 101):

"About 5,000 roubles of 1915 were struck at Petrograd in 1921 for the Far Eastern Republic."

But even 5,000 seems like it is much too low considering that you can find one almost every week on eBay; and seemingly every major auction has one listed.

a footnote was first time mentioned in russian language by Spasskii, it should been addressed to him at the time he was alife, where he got these info and if there was more data, but he did not share it with ohters through his article :ninja:

Archived