CoinPeople.com

Mint Medals

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

I picked up some mint medals recently, some from our own Blackhawk and some from the mint...about 50 or so. I have been going through them and found this one that I kind of like.

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

Bicentennial of the Philly Mint. Picture isn't the grreatest but I think it is cool how they did the different designs. I also like the little coin press on the obverse.

The medal is about the size of a silver dollar.

Nice medal! I picked up this one a while ago as an inexpensive add-on to a mint order.

900322.jpg

Same Philly mint scene...done by Frank Gasparro.

Here is how the mint describes that scene...

"The reverse of the medal features Martha Washington with lorgnette in hand, sitting before a tray of silver coins held by Henry Voight. In the distinguished group around her are President Washington; his Secretary of State, Thomas Jefferson; and Treasury Secretary and Mrs. Alexander Hamilton. Tobias Lear, private secretary to the President, watches David Rittenhouse, newly appointed Mint Director, offer a coin from the tray for the First Lady's inspection. Adam Eckfeldt surveys the proceedings from his post at the coining press."

I picked up some mint medals recently, some from our own Blackhawk and some from the mint...about 50 or so. I have been going through them and found this one that I kind of like.

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

Bicentennial of the Philly Mint. Picture isn't the grreatest but I think it is cool how they did the different designs. I also like the little coin press on the obverse.

The medal is about the size of a silver dollar.

OH OH :ninja:

• 5 months later...

Here are a few examples of mint medals that the Baden-Württemberg mint (Karlsruhe and Stuttgart, DE) sells. Have not bought one yet, but I may get the first one. Once I get to see the Stuttgart mint, probably this summer, that is. :ninja:

103252658001.jpg

103252669406.jpg

103252681905.jpg

Christian

Archived