CoinPeople.com

pls help to verify this, thx!

clifford1987

Wanna say hello to everyone here. I'm new at this field. Since English is not something natural to me, I'm gonna keep this short, lol.

Recently I bought this coin from a dealer in Beijing, costing over 3200 CNY which is 470 USD. Do u guys have any idea about it? Is it a real one? And if so, would u pls help to grade it? Thx a lot!

liberty_head.jpg

I am not a gold guy. And you should wait until someone else answers. But something looks different with the placement of the feathers on the eagles right wing. Just looking at another 1906 D 5$. Have you weighed it?

It looks real to me but I am far from being an expert on United States gold.

It's not a key date, but that doesn't really mean much. I believe it grades AU-55 or thereabouts.

The only thing that bothers me in where you bought it. In Bejing you can purchase perfect copies of rare coins and Rolex and Omega watches if you know where to look.

If it were mine I would definitely submit it to NGC and see what they say, just to be on the safe side. :ninja:

Welcome to Coin People by the way!

It looks real to me but I am far from being an expert on United States gold.

It's not a key date, but that doesn't really mean much. I believe it grades AU-55 or thereabouts.

The only thing that bothers me in where you bought it. In Bejing you can purchase perfect copies of rare coins and Rolex and Omega watches if you know where to look.

If it were mine I would definitely submit it to NGC and see what they say, just to be on the safe side. :ninja:

Welcome to Coin People by the way!

Thank u very much!

Ur comment gave me a lot of confidence, since it's my first gold. Purchased from a dealer introduced by one friend who is also a numismatic items dealer.

I'd like to submit it to NGC or PCGS, but it's really inconvenient. Will ask my dad to take a few basic measurements. He got equipment to test chips, including gold spares.

Will go to USA for grad study next year. Guess it's gonna be interesting, lol.

I am not a gold guy. And you should wait until someone else answers. But something looks different with the placement of the feathers on the eagles right wing. Just looking at another 1906 D 5$. Have you weighed it?

Thx. Gonna ask my dad to take a few measurements. Just hope it's a genuine one. :ninja:

Archived