CoinPeople.com

Some people never learn...

bobh

Terrible fake ... the pictures are so good that even a beginner should be able to see that this is a fake -- doesn't even look like silver:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140393158689

And a private listing. Oh well, I have little sympathy for anyone who bids on this bad joke.

Terrible fake ... the pictures are so good that even a beginner should be able to see that this is a fake -- doesn't even look like silver:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140393158689

And a private listing. Oh well, I have little sympathy for anyone who bids on this bad joke.

I've reported it to Ebay for all the good it will do. Perhaps if others also report it, Ebay will take notice. I just don't understand how someone is willing to part with over $600 on the basis of a picture - with no returns accepted. Is this a sham or are people really that stupid?

I've reported it to Ebay for all the good it will do. Perhaps if others also report it, Ebay will take notice. I just don't understand how someone is willing to part with over $600 on the basis of a picture - with no returns accepted. Is this a sham or are people really that stupid?

Thanks, Marv ... I reported it, too. :ninja:

Thanks, Marv ... I reported it, too. :ninja:

I think there's some story behind this.

It could all be a coincidence, but there was an odd dialog a few days ago on the Staraya Moneta forum. There is a forum member - Kazbek who is in Ireland, and very active on the forum, he got into some odd tiff with a new member Gangut. Gangut seemed to be insinuating that Kazbek has got some dirty business on eBay (which is somewhat true, as I had to return a fake 1705 kopeek to Kazbek), but it was not clear what they were on about.

This coin is from Ireland, and it is a Gangut, so perhaps this is what it was all about!

Archived