CoinPeople.com

cataloguers copy mistakes

sigistenz

But --- how to explain the relatively frequent appearance of the 1766

(with only 1/10 of the mintage of what is listed for all the other years) :ninja: ?

Also the price of the 1766 is generally lower than 1767 - do you agree ? This is to say that the early mintage figures cannot be trusted.

In 1767 there were minted coins without m/m and those with m/m. The mintage of separate varieties is not listed anywhere to my knowledge. Only 1767 without m/m is somewhat scarce/rare. The KM version is not.

... This is to say that the early mintage figures cannot be trusted.

it seems to me that mintage figures from Baron Shoduar 3 volume book were taken by others catalogers including modern and never have been checked in if true :ninja:

i was wondering where Baron found these figures so we all now in big confuse ;)

• 2 weeks later...
In 1767 there were minted coins without m/m and those with m/m. The mintage of separate varieties is not listed anywhere to my knowledge. Only 1767 without m/m is somewhat scarce/rare. The KM version is not.

1767KM taken as a whole you mean. But 1767KM splits up into edge 1 ///////////(=Bitkin 1016) and edge 6 \\\\\\\\\\\(=Bitkin 1017-R-). And the latter is rarely if ever seen. Much much less than the 1767-- no mintmark.

Brekke, Aalborg (the 4 Copenhangen sales) and Bakken all cared for variants, they all had the 1767-- and the 1767KM///// but not the 1767KM\\\\\\ :ninja: Sigi

• 3 weeks later...

For a number of years I have been looking for what in most sources is believed to be a common coin - 3 kopecks 1907.

The best of collections have it, but in real life I have never seen a specimen, not one. This of course may be a co-incidence, but would be interesting to hear the opinion of other coinpeople members on this theme.

For a number of years I have been looking for what in most sources is believed to be a common coin - 3 kopecks 1907.

The best of collections have it, but in real life I have never seen a specimen, not one. This of course may be a co-incidence, but would be interesting to hear the opinion of other coinpeople members on this theme.

I know absolutely nothing about this series. I have a bag of this stuff. If I see one I will let you know.

Archived