CoinPeople.com

1834 ROUBLE ALEXANDER I MONUMENT

kopeikin

Why? Are you looking to buy one?

:ninja:

this topic is for 1834 ruble, I want to hear more on it ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:ninja:

this topic is for 1834 ruble, I want to hear more on it ;)

Well, actually, the question was not about the coin itself - read the original posting - but about the reasons the Ebay bid could have been rejected.

However, I agree, it would be nice to see what people think about the coin itself. I believe many people have already expressed their opinions.

Do you have one on it ?

BKB is correct.

This coin came to me from the personal collection of a former dealer. He acquired it in 1965, in the shared purchase of the collection of a White Russian emigré from Harbin who made it to Australia after WWII.

1741elizabeth.jpg

Very nice ! I love the eagle ! Was the coin in a jewelery piece once or it is just the photo ?

I am always wondering what is more important:

learn how to identify genuine coin :ninja:

or

considered ebay technical issues ;)

I guess Mr kopeikin had NO question about authenticity at the time he was about to post his bid. :ninja:

that is right,

as a numismatic preventive maitanance over here he needs to learn

how to identify the genuine one but before collect some hundreds for a good one ;)

Very nice ! I love the eagle ! Was the coin in a jewelery once or it is just the photo ?

There is a planchet lamination at 8 o'clock on the reverse, which runs from the eagle to the rim. The flaw above the "4" in the date looks like a thin spot in the flan which results in some weakness in the obverse legend. The edge inscription is undisturbed in that area, so I think it is a planchet defect rather than a mount removal, but I am not absolutely certain.

that is a sample - anything but not the topic :ninja:

There is a planchet lamination at 8 o'clock on the reverse, which runs from the eagle to the rim. The flaw above the "4" in the date looks like a thin spot in the flan which results in some weakness in the obverse legend. The edge inscription is undisturbed in that area, so I think it is a planchet defect rather than a mount removal, but I am not absolutely certain.

I love it . Nice example of a scarce type. Congrats !

• 9 months later...

I noticed same coin picture is again on eBay? This coin (1834 ROUBLE ALEXANDER I MONUMENT) or just this coin's picture is getting a new life in a new eBay auction. I am still puzzled - is it really authentic?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180600509881&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Archived