CoinPeople.com

Must Have Russian Coin Books - Imperial

davidfo

When it comes to russian coins I am using:

internet 35%

books 30%

auction catalogs 35%

:ninja:

One-kuna. And what do you use for coins that are not Russian?

I only research Russian coinage, but would probably do the same with foreigns, may be with different percentage :ninja:

Since a few members on here recommended Konros, I got his 12th edition book... now, I'm a little confused as to how to "read" it :ninja:

If you look at the tables next to each coin, which list the year on the left and then prices on the right - those prices in the table, what grade is that for? VF/XF/UNC? I see those numbers, and then underneath the coin there is also the VF # : XF # : UNC # system, so what grade is the table values for?

Sorry, never had this catalog before ;)

Since a few members on here recommended Konros, I got his 12th edition book... now, I'm a little confused as to how to "read" it :ninja:

If you look at the tables next to each coin, which list the year on the left and then prices on the right - those prices in the table, what grade is that for? VF/XF/UNC? I see those numbers, and then underneath the coin there is also the VF # : XF # : UNC # system, so what grade is the table values for?

Sorry, never had this catalog before ;)

1. Read "Structure of the catalog" in the beginning pages. You will see there that prices in the tables are for VF condition.

2. Prices in the grid underneath the coin table are for the least expensive coin in the table above in VF, XF, UNC. Use math to figure out proportions for the more expensive coins in the table, if needed.

1. Read "Structure of the catalog" in the beginning pages. You will see there that prices in the tables are for VF condition.

2. Prices in the grid underneath the coin table are for the least expensive coin in the table above in VF, XF, UNC. Use math to figure out proportions for the more expensive coins in the table, if needed.

if Rhino cannot read russian :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

If you read russian, i advice you the best review of must-have russian numismatic literature: http://staraya-moneta.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=253 )

I am from Russia, and would not recommend you to use the Conros book.

It has great number of flaws, almost in every item.

Unfortunately in Russia we don't have the book with annual actual prices like the Red Book in USA

Russian dealers don't want such book to issue, because it may decrease their profit.

If you need actual prices, better go at http://www.arhivmonet.ru

There you can find average current auction prices for every russian and soviet coin.

The site is not perfect as well, but anyway it's much better than Conros.

If you have any questions about Russian coins, especially about Soviet coins (1921-1991), I would consult you with pleasure.

If you need actual prices, better go at http://www.arhivmonet.ru

There you can find average current auction prices for every russian and soviet coin.

The site is not perfect as well, but anyway it's much better than Conros.

Hello and welcome to coinpeople.

I looked at the arhivemonet.ru and did not find it usefull at all. It has some sales results from a few russian internet auctions and nothing more. It does not break up years into types, types into subtypes and so on.

In my opinion Conros catalog is much, much better, even if the prices there do not fully reflect the reality.

Currently m-dv.ru seems to be the best source of results to me.

Hello and welcome to coinpeople.

I looked at the arhivemonet.ru and did not find it usefull at all. It has some sales results from a few russian internet auctions and nothing more. It does not break up years into types, types into subtypes and so on.

In my opinion Conros catalog is much, much better, even if the prices there do not fully reflect the reality.

Currently m-dv.ru seems to be the best source of results to me.

As far as I understand, at present, arhivemonet.ru displays results for only the last 3 weeks. That is not terribly useful, unless you are looking up something very common. I hope they make an extended database spanning at least few years available.

Also, the latest Conros edition did correct many errors that were in previous publications.

Archived