CoinPeople.com

old junk in the attic

elefterka

My husband and I bought an old, post-German house. Previous owners had left of a lot of old junk in the attic. Initially we wanted to get rid of this, however, when we were ordering the house it crossed our minds that maybe some of those items may have some value. There are mainly old books, several paintings, some ceramics and coins of course. Has anyone of you got an idea who would be able to value those items (if they have some value), or where I can sell them?

My husband and I bought an old, post-German house. Previous owners had left of a lot of old junk in the attic. Initially we wanted to get rid of this, however, when we were ordering the house it crossed our minds that maybe some of those items may have some value. There are mainly old books, several paintings, some ceramics and coins of course. Has anyone of you got an idea who would be able to value those items (if they have some value), or where I can sell them?

I don't know about the paintings and ceramics, but the folks on this forum can definitely help you with the coins :ninja: There are many German coin collectors on here who would be able to give you some advice and values.

What you ned to do is take some good photographs of the coins, both front and back (edges, too if possible) and post them on here.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if one of the paintings turned out to be worth more than you paid for the house.

FREE HOUSE! :ninja:

Post decent photos of the coins and we'll try and help you out. Then sell what you don't want on eBay.

Probably ANYTHING found can be ballparked valued on this site. Many members have many interests/talents Pics are invaluable for paintings, coins can be described, and watch for letters/numbers/hallmarks on other pieces.

Archived