CoinPeople.com

Lincoln cent with Kennedy profile,

PennyLoafer63

Right,I saw one month's ago online,So I knew instantly!...LoL :ninja:

Can someone give me a bit more info on these. I always assumed they were post mint? (that's assuming we're talking about the small kennedy profile stamped into the coin) I've come across a few this side of the pond but with little interest over here I've inveriably "cashed them in"

They are post-mint items. Usually done as some kind of promotion. Years ago one of the oil companies had Lincoln cents with the profile of each state in the field opposite Lincoln. The Kennedy items are still made and sold a lot at things like county fairs. I've seen one that was done by a coin company from somewhere in New England with their logo in front of Lincoln. They don't have much value beyond the cent they're stamped on and very few collectors. That said I can say that I have only two of these in my collection. Don't see them too often.

Thanks for the info, I've also seen the state stamped ones on occasion as well. I assumed they were post mint but the ones I've seen are nicely done and it seems like a good idea that's never been tried over here. Possibly relating to laws forbiding the defacing of anything bearing an image of Her Majesty although I doubt that's enforcable in this day and age.

Thanks for the info, I've also seen the state stamped ones on occasion as well. I assumed they were post mint but the ones I've seen are nicely done and it seems like a good idea that's never been tried over here. Possibly relating to laws forbiding the defacing of anything bearing an image of Her Majesty although I doubt that's enforcable in this day and age.

I don't know about that. I've been told a few times that squished coins are not done because of these laws. I believe that may be true in Canada as well.

Archived