CoinPeople.com

Hotholes Token

Hotholes?? Anyone know anything about this??

Is this for some sort of an original sauna? It looks like an Indian thing on the pictorial side where you would go inside for the remedy of sitting in a rather hot place, possibly they were built over natural thermal vents? I'm sure I heard of something like this.

af9a1y.jpg

96w17t.jpg

I swear my dad used to take us to church early on Sunday so that afterwards we could get the freshly baked hot rolls at the bakery next door.

Could someone please explain the asparagus reference, I'm extra thick today...

That sure looks like Hot Rolls to me and the paddle looks like a baker's paddle. I think asparagas refers to the image on the obverse, be it asparagas, a tree, or a sheaf of wheat.

I swear my dad used to take us to church early on Sunday so that afterwards we could get the freshly baked hot rolls at the bakery next door.

Could someone please explain the asparagus reference, I'm extra thick today...

An asparagus looks like the thing on the image side of the coin, above the poles crossed in a saltire.

That sure looks like Hot Rolls to me and the paddle looks like a baker's paddle. I think asparagas refers to the image on the obverse, be it asparagas, a tree, or a sheaf of wheat.

Arghh...once again foiled!... Yeah, it might've been easier to stop my imagination running away if it hadn't been for the poor grammar ;P Anyone for some nice, hot roles?? hmmm..good one.

OK, I get it. I love vegetables, except asparagas and lima beans.

Is is possible that the engraver misspelled HOT ROLLS as HOT ROLES? Or was he an aspiring actor being clever? :ninja:

OK, I get it. I love vegetables, except asparagas and lima beans.

Is is possible that the engraver misspelled HOT ROLLS as HOT ROLES? Or was he an aspiring actor being clever? :ninja:

I think back then you could spell things however you pleased, more or less ;)

Hmm not being clever but speaking of spelling, how do you spell asparagas? Hehe.. ;)

Archived