CoinPeople.com

Help me ID my Romans..

Pretty much got these ID-ed already, but more info welcome...

1. Tetricus, 271-273 antoninianus,

2. COnstantinopolis, commemorative, AE 3, around 330-341 AD, mint of Heracleea???

3. Victorinus, 268-270antoninianus, ,. rv. Sol- preety scarce.

larger romans

1. Licinius,308-324, follis( probably) , probably 313-317 but a weight is good. Thesallonic or Heracleea mint, i cannot see well.

2. LIcinius, follis 308-324.

3. Galerius (305-311)follis, mint of Thessalonic.

sorry but i dont have the time to give you right now more info (late in the night, must sleep). please PM me tomorow

• 2 weeks later...

The first small is Tetricus as listed but Tetricus II as shown by the CAES in the obverse legend. Dad was always AVG.

#2 is Constantinopolis Commemorative TRP with wreath from Trier, first (primus) workshop.

#3 is Sol but the legend reads INVICTO - condition could be better but it is a nice type worth keeping.

The first large is Heraclea in Thrace, workshop 3 as shown by HTgamma. The legend was GENIO IMPERATORIS but the coin suffers from too much scrubbing.

#3 is interesting since the S in the field is the Greek numeral for workshop 6 while the S in SMTS is part of the Thessalonica city name. Often the lower arc of the 6 is smaller or weaker than this one but we have to allow for handwriting.

Archived