CoinPeople.com

The Start of my Collection.

jay

I have started to put my collection on to omnicoin. There is not much there at the minute but i will add more posts as i add more coins. All the pics have been scaned so they may not be great but its the best I can do for now.Please leave some comments as I am new to coin collecting and don't know much about the coins I have. Thanks, Jay.

http://www.omnicoin.com/?collection=jayc

Nice collection. I like your Isle of Man coins. I have a pretty nice run of six pence and shilllings in my collection. I think they're really neat coins.

• 3 weeks later...

A nice start Jay! Actually looking through your collection it's taken me right back to when I started out collecting coins in 1990! My collection looked much like yours, including a lovely old George III copper coin, much like your halfpenny (in fact i still have that coin to this day.... one of the few survivors). It's also nice to see some George VI coins, I have a soft spot for the Geo VI stuff, I've still got the odd two shilling piece I pulled from change back in '93. As your collection grows and changes over the years always keep a few of your originals back.

yea like mine when i started, miscellanious foreigns luckily i got many predecimals off my grandparents, and yes i also got hold of a george 3rd :ninja:, and an edward 1st, and probably my most valuble UK coin was an early purchase.

looking good to me, cartwheel penny and that gorgeous 10 para are the best bits

A nice start Jay! Actually looking through your collection it's taken me right back to when I started out collecting coins in 1990! My collection looked much like yours, including a lovely old George III copper coin, much like your halfpenny (in fact i still have that coin to this day.... one of the few survivors). It's also nice to see some George VI coins, I have a soft spot for the Geo VI stuff, I've still got the odd two shilling piece I pulled from change back in '93. As your collection grows and changes over the years always keep a few of your originals back.

Thankyou. I feel that i will be keeping most but not all of the coins I started with as they belonged to my grandad. I have been picking up alot of coins from carboot sales, secondhand shops and online. As much as I like the pre-decimal british coins I feel myself being drawn to Egyption and other world coins. Thankyou again for taking the time to look at my collection, Jay.

yea like mine when i started, miscellanious foreigns luckily i got many predecimals off my grandparents, and yes i also got hold of a george 3rd ;), and an edward 1st, and probably my most valuble UK coin was an early purchase.

looking good to me, cartwheel penny and that gorgeous 10 para are the best bits

I have to agree the para piece is my favorite coin in my collection. :ninja:

Archived