CoinPeople.com

What do you collect

Vfox

Used to collect everything when I first started. Then concentrated on US coins for many years but got burned out on the many different types. Went to Canadian coins then and then realized that I am getting up in age (77) and would like to make it easier for my spouse to dispose of my stuff when I pass. So I went into slabbed Franklin halves so it would make it easier for her to do so. Then my grandson, a coin collector also, got married and I decided to put together a couple of sets of bu raw franklins for a belated wedding gift as I know he would not get rid of the collection.

Now trying to get rid of the rest of my Canadian coins and work on the Franklins. Anybody got any they want to get rid of. LOL.. Louie

Still collecting World gold coins and fractional farthings.

Although now I usually have to wait two pay days before buying a coin, but that's more due to the fact that I'm now a farther and so seem to have less disposable funds. She is my real "gem" though :ninja: .

• 4 weeks later...

Well since I took semi-retirement from coin collecting in 2006 my purchases have been few and far between, usually only a few coins a year, if that. Strangely though I've bought almost twice as much this year than I did in the 2006-2008 period.

Contrary as usual. Most of my collecting these days is SLQs, a very, very small portion of gold (which has seriously gone up and on the whole i'm loath to buy it, but sometimes rare coins have cropped up and i've had the cash which ordinarly doesn't happen), and the occasional lot of junk silver.

Most of my purchases usually fall from June-September then I tend to buy nothing until the next year.

• 6 months later...

Archived