CoinPeople.com

Spinks 25th June 2009

dooly

Hi all .. the online catalog has just been put on for the 25th June sale at spinks hear in the UK .. and as some of you requested hear is a link to it !!

http://www.spink.com/asp/cataloguesearch.asp?t=1443660&

You do not have to look at my coins listed but i do recommend you look at the USA stuff .. as there are a couple which are making me smack my lips

MY LOTS

and 688

I spoke to them today and they said they have never had so many NGC graded coins and are unsure how well they will sell hear in the UK and that is why they have given them such low estimates o! well lets see what happens

PS he did say he was looking forward to seeing how Lot: 688 (Russian patten) would do as they have not sold this one before and was hoping it exceeded the estimate

wish me luck as the moneys raised will go to improving my USA collection, and boy do you know how much i need to improve it

Well thats me placed some electronic bids though I gave the Americans a miss (don't know much about them :ninja: ) So now it's a case of hurry up and wait. A bit nerve racking actually, as you don't wont all your bids to win but you still want to make sure you have some presence. Anybody else use a different strategy?

Well thats me placed some electronic bids though I gave the Americans a miss (don't know much about them :ninja: ) So now it's a case of hurry up and wait. A bit nerve racking actually, as you don't wont all your bids to win but you still want to make sure you have some presence. Anybody else use a different strategy?

Good luck .. spinks now do a "live" bid system where you can watch how the bidding is going on your computer and you can give them a maximum amount to spend and when you have won enough they will stop bidding for you

They do have some top lots in the sale dont they !!

Thanks for the heads ups. I wish you the best of luck with your lots & your bids (as long as I have not bid on them!) and that was quite funny about ebay, haha ;)

:ninja: it was my friend !! small world sometimes. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So how do you feel about the outcome? Expected, Abover expectation, below expectation? Give us the de-brief!

:ninja: sweet as they come .. good prices all round i think most of my lots went over expected prices .. all the coins i sent in cost nothing .. as they were purchaced in lots and i more than covered the lot prices selling them on the bay .. or they were found detecting and cost £0.00 .. i was amazed with the scottish 1d £320 wow!!! and it was minging in my mind .. ;)

So how do you feel about the outcome? Expected, Abover expectation, below expectation? Give us the de-brief!

What was its lot number ?

You can always use the Livebid console to place bids as if you were in the room - well almost, there's always a small lag.

Speaking of Spinks, I got back an MS65 (ANC) coin, a Penny of 1826 of a rarer variety which is fair enough, but when it turns up it has a couple chips near the head of Britannia and a chop on the cheek of George IV which doesn't show in the stock photograph they chose to use. I just don't trust those slabbed coins at auction, and I'm going to have to watch out for such tactics in future...

Archived