CoinPeople.com

1710 denga!!!

BKB

check this out. I know, most of you do not read russian, but pictures tell the story. Another great find.

http://www.staraya-moneta.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7442

Intriguing. However, I don't like the smushed lettering very much, particularly row 1 letter 4 (I) and the A in the second row.

Unlikely (imo) to be a result of wear. Also why so flattened? Overstruck? The original looks nice and circular (if a little off-center).

Overall broadly similar to the sharp & supposedly unique original, so if fake looks fairly convincing at first glance.

What do you think?

Not obvious to me. The original poster stated that the coin was authenticated by Russian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Eastern Sciences). Did not know they authenticated coins. Would be interesting to see that certificate.

Not obvious to me. The original poster stated that the coin was authenticated by Russian Academy of Sciences (Institute of Eastern Sciences). Did not know they authenticated coins. Would be interesting to see that certificate.

I've sent you the Plates & corresponding notes from the Peter I volume of the Grand Duke Corpus regarding four of the 1710 Denga patterns. Please check your mail.

Best,

Steve

The "owner" presented a certificate of authenticity. Looks and reads very strange...

read original forum now, i have discovered some new details for that certificate :ninja:

Is it obvious now ? I guess it was pretty clear from Day 1 ...

Is it obvious now ? I guess it was pretty clear from Day 1 ...

more interesting gossip on this coin is on other forum...

more interesting gossip on this coin is on other forum...

Dear one-kuna,

What the "other" forum do you mean ?

In any event, the number of forums this particular coin is discussed on does not really change its heritage - it is a fake.

Best regards,

Dear one-kuna,

What the "other" forum do you mean ?

In any event, the number of forums this particular coin is discussed on does not really change its heritage - it is a fake.

Best regards,

The first link on the top of this page, where you saw this coin, was taken from russian forum...

By the way, not all folks there think it is a fake...

Would you share your negative reasons on its authenticity besides the one you mentioned earlier: tooling aplied to cover it...

The first link on the top of this page, where you saw this coin, was taken from russian forum...

By the way, not all folks there think it is a fake...

Would you share your negative reasons on its authenticity besides the one you mentioned earlier: tooling aplied to cover it...

Sorry, could not answer earlier - got sick.

Can not read Russian well and long :-) , so, the forum you've specified is not helpful.

My personal opinion - this is a cast copy to deceive collectors. I understand that it is very hard to tell 100% just looking at the scans but this is what I believe in. The coin has that "fishy" look and edges. Would be nice to check the rim too.

Sorry, could not answer earlier - got sick.

Can not read Russian well and long :-) , so, the forum you've specified is not helpful.

My personal opinion - this is a cast copy to deceive collectors. I understand that it is very hard to tell 100% just looking at the scans but this is what I believe in. The coin has that "fishy" look and edges. Would be nice to check the rim too.

thank you for your reply, i hope you feel better :ninja:

back to this copper denga - since the owner did not make a good pic of its edge -

most people on russian forum are on a side that this is a fake...

thank you for your reply, i hope you feel better :ninja:

back to this copper denga - since the owner did not make a good pic of its edge -

most people on russian forum are on a side that this is a fake...

I think this is obvious as I have stated in my original posting.

Thank you,

I think this is obvious as I have stated in my original posting.

Thank you,

in all respect to your opinion there are others count too, wright? :ninja:

in all respect to your opinion there are others count too, wright? :ninja:

Thank you so much for replying... ;)

Archived