CoinPeople.com

Cayón auction has some very nice Russian material!

bobh

Some very nice copper novodels, originals and roubles here. This link will take you directly to the Russian material:

http://www.sixbid.com/nav.php?search=rusia...;sid=93&s=b

Once curiousity I noticed here:

Siberian 9 kopeek 1763 (?)

It looks like it was struck in copper on a flan shaped as a nine-sided polygon. The reverse is either corroded away, or else it was struck in uniface. Anybody ever see one of these before, or know if there is a reference to it in any of the standard works?

Some very nice copper novodels, originals and roubles here. This link will take you directly to the Russian material:

http://www.sixbid.com/nav.php?search=rusia...;sid=93&s=b

It looks like it was struck in copper on a flan shaped as a nine-sided polygon. The reverse is either corroded away, or else it was struck in uniface. Anybody ever see one of these before, or know if there is a reference to it in any of the standard works?

1.Very nice and rare Polish coins lots 4132, 4133.

2.In my memory I have see similar to Siberian token on Markov Auction.

It is supposed to be made from leather. These things come up from time to time. Never thought those were real, though.

Thank you Steve

Your opinion is valuable all the time .Shiny coins always catch me first . ;)

Thank you! :ninja:

Sometime in the first half of next year I should have finished new rarity tables for Poland(Russia) based on around 4000 silver and copper coins. ;)

Looks like fuel token, I’m not shore about "leather" :ninja:

Fuel token? What kind of fuel was used in 1763 in Siberia (except for wood, which you just had to walk into the forest to collect -- and hay for your horses)?

I rather like the idea of a leather token being used in Siberia back then, when a lot of people still made their living by hunting and trapping animals.

Thank you! :ninja:

Sometime in the first half of next year I should have finished new rarity tables for Poland(Russia) based on around 4000 silver and copper coins. ;)

Interesting, you can count on coins from my collection ;) .

I have great interest in this area. My grand father was originally from Poland.

Did you included Russian-Polish weights and pattern in your rarity tables?

Interesting, you can count on coins from my collection ;) .

I have great interest in this area. My grand father was originally from Poland.

Did you included Russian-Polish weights and pattern in your rarity tables?

Wonderful! We should co-ordinate offline as I'm sure you have (or will have seen) rarities that I may not have documented.

Yes, to the extent that I have records of weights and patterns, I plan to include them.

One area I don't cover...gold. Much too shiny :ninja:

Fuel token? What kind of fuel was used in 1763 in Siberia (except for wood, which you just had to walk into the forest to collect -- and hay for your horses)?

I rather like the idea of a leather token being used in Siberia back then, when a lot of people still made their living by hunting and trapping animals.

I also like the idea, but I am very skeptical about its age...

By world fuel token I mean coal/ угольный / token most like for Siberian used for late 19th century and beginning of 20th century.

I should go thru my library and possible I will find more information and answer to all questions.

Leather money was used earliest time. I will post next week Russian leather money from my collection.

Rarenum.

I also like the idea, but I am very skeptical about its age...

Maybe it's a "Novodel" leather token? :ninja:

Actually, it could very well be leather > 200 yrs. old. ... I've seen Japanese leather armor from 16th-17th century in museums, for example, which looked better than this. It looks very well preserved, though, especially the "obverse".

But there should be some kind of reference about these things if they are to be taken seriously ... does anyone know of one? ;)

It is supposed to be made from leather. These things come up from time to time. Never thought those were real, though.

I just realized that "moneda de cuero" in Spanish (in the auction description) means "coin made of leather". :ninja:

Archived