CoinPeople.com

HELP! Queen Anne coin, what is it?????

baldybeardy

Well, as far as I can tell, this is not a coin. Looks like a token/jetton or even an imitation coin made out of brass. Certainly not precious metal and I highly doubt that it is rare or expensive.

thanks for reply. well i have spent my evening clicking away and have also decided that it was a token or something. reading this just reasures me this is probably correct. was 8" down in a field in the middle of nowhere, obviously it didn`t look like that when found but cleaned it up to read what was on it. have been told by friend down the pub it was possibly a gaming token or maybe even a forgery. still to me it is very rare, i only have one.. lol. to make me feel better i am sure to tell all my friends its rare and solid gold. but anyhow, still exciting to pull it out of the ground after all these years. would this still be 1707 ish? or might it have been made later during the rain of another monarch?cheers for your help, nick

hi all. need your expert help. what is this coin? is 22mm in diameter and i can`t find a match anywhere.. is it rare? is it gold? please try and help me.4959_12.JPG4cc3_12.JPG

The reckoning-counter was struck by Iohann Iacob Dietzel of Nuremberg (active from 1711 to 1748) you can make out the name still.

It is Queen Anne and though old is only brass, common and yours is in a poor condition so worth just a $1 or $2. Sorry.

Still a nice find and about 300 years old. You cannot measure everything by monetary value alone, you have a piece of history in your hand!!!

Archived