CoinPeople.com

Discussion about Canadian Coin

Steiner

http://www.canadiancoin.com/

See link above. If you are lucky enough to find the discussion area ( way below ).

Here is my beef. This is to my knowledge the main Canadian coin forum in Canada. IMO it is hard to find things on it and is like sooo 1998. It's one big long topic!

I have half a mind to start my own Canadian coin forum as I run a forum now on my other hobby the collecting of militaria.

Good thing I am too busy plus this area on Coin people has some great info.

Anyone else part of Canadian coins. If so I would like to here your thought on it's layout.

Steiner

I visit it now and again and ask a question or throw in my two cents.

It's a great site for information, but the layout is inefficient and a lot of

times new posts are slow to materialize, or are too specific for people to type

in general comments to keep the thread going.

I'd love to see someone start a modern-style VB forum with topics organized by

category and date, with the option to search all archives at any time.

I say go for it :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I was not familier with the site, but I was able to find the forum. Not too easy to find and where did they get that forum software? Discount rack somewhere? I'm just beginning to learn about Candian coins, I've ended up with a fair number of recent ones since I live not far from there and I have picked up some large cents, half dimes and a few other older pieces.

Ben

• 6 months later...

I find canadiancoin.com to be a wonderful site. The people are friendly and have no problem navigating it. Too each their own. Paying the small "Patrons fee" to use the archives is minor compared to the wealth of numismatic knowledge it contains.

Not at all. The info on all denominations and ages is impressive. Finest known PCGS sets owners are members. From neophytes to true experts frequent the site. The archive is as impressive. Many varieties were first shown there and discussed years before they "gained" acceptance.. The counterfeit fight (for canadian) started there as well I believe.

Wow I had gone to that site several times in the past year or so, but didnt even see the link to the message board. Its definitely not very intuitive!

I found 3 different ways to reach the discussion forum at www.canadiancoin.com as follows:

1. Click on the gold coin in the top left hand corner of the screen,

2. Select "discussion" from the drop down menu on the left of the screen (where it says "Please Select"),

3. Scroll to the bottom of the frame (the section with white background) and click on "Discussion".

Archived