CoinPeople.com

DAVID BRUCE II OF SCOTLAND COIN

Jim

Hi this is my first post, my dad has found a coin in an allotment he owns at the back of an ancient pub, I think its a DAVID BRUCE II OF SCOTLAND hammered coin.

This week I visited the tower of london and saw how these hammered coins were made and wondered if this coin would have been made there and how it would have ended up in Worcesterhire i.e. was it legal curency in england or was David ruling Britain at that time??? Basically I would like to know as much as I can!

He also found another coin which I have not been able to identify, but because I cant seem to upload the photo's ive taken I cant show it on this forum.....so i guess the first thing would to be to find out tips on uploading digital pictures onto the forum, it just keeps saying I havent enough space???

Someone please help....

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Scottish hammered coins would not have been minted in the Tower of London, most likely a town such as Perth, Edinburgh etc...

Feel free to email pictures to Clive@HistoricCoinage.com and I'll take a look for you and let you know what I think.

Archived