CoinPeople.com

A new record?

bobh

That's what I'm talking about......... ;)

Very sorry for people who collects PROOF coins, its out of range........ :ninja:

But if you HAVE some nice proofs, you've got to feel good. The only problem? When/if to sell.

The rarity of proofs is unknown. It's assumed to be small, but one sees Nicholas II proofs most of the time in auctions, so they're out there.

I bought a proof 1910 rouble from Mark Teller in the '90s - a flawless piece with beautiful toning for $1600. I always scan the proofs in auctions for a 1910, but never see that date. There have been a very few over the years I've been checking, whereas many other dates are much more in evidence in proof. NGC has only graded two low grade proofs, and PCGS none.

I am hesitant to have it slabbed for fear that the delicate proof surfaces will be damaged. It doesn't take more than a couple of marks to relagate an PF67 to a PF64.

Anyone have any experience with walking a coin through PCGS in Irvine? Can you walk in their office and drop off a coin? Perhaps that is a way to minimize the chances of damage to a coin during the slabbing process.

Marv Finnley

But if you HAVE some nice proofs, you've got to feel good. The only problem? When/if to sell.

The rarity of proofs is unknown. It's assumed to be small, but one sees Nicholas II proofs most of the time in auctions, so they're out there.

I bought a proof 1910 rouble from Mark Teller in the '90s - a flawless piece with beautiful toning for $1600. I always scan the proofs in auctions for a 1910, but never see that date. There have been a very few over the years I've been checking, whereas many other dates are much more in evidence in proof. NGC has only graded two low grade proofs, and PCGS none.

I am hesitant to have it slabbed for fear that the delicate proof surfaces will be damaged. It doesn't take more than a couple of marks to relagate an PF67 to a PF64.

Anyone have any experience with walking a coin through PCGS in Irvine? Can you walk in their office and drop off a coin? Perhaps that is a way to minimize the chances of damage to a coin during the slabbing process.

Marv Finnley

;)

I believe good time to sell it IF you planning to invest the money to the better place/business/realstate...... ;)

Proof coins are top of the line today, and your coin i think should worth somewhere between 35-50k

I think you can drop off the coin during major shows, or even direct to NGC/PCGS office. In your case its worth to spend money for that "sweet" service :ninja:

Marv Finnley

Last year a 1910 proof rouble sold in Hess Divo auction of a Russian collection from Japan for 19k (if I am not mistaken about the price). But it was not a great coin. Your seems to be much better.

I agree with GHV in that you can turn your coin into NGC or PCGS at any major coins show. They have an express same day service for $100, but lately it does not apply to Russian coins (high values, too many fakes, etc.)

Archived