CoinPeople.com

Are these medals gold or bronze??

bobh

I posted asking about these earlier.

I think they are probably privately issued medals. The rendition of the Soviet arms without hammer and sickle is not one I can recall seeing elsewhere. The use of German in the inscription suggests a non-Russian origin.

88f51yj7.jpgfakebrass0fe71kd4.jpgfakebrass7f8d1ed6.jpg

If they were genuine Soviet gold medals they would have the AU mark and something with the fineness and weight on them. I have a genuine gold Tolstoy medal from the 1970's, and it has all the appropriate marks. BTW GXSERIES has a poster with these medals on them, he has had it imaged and posted it here on forum last year.

I posted asking about these earlier.

I think they are probably privately issued medals. The rendition of the Soviet arms without hammer and sickle is not one I can recall seeing elsewhere. The use of German in the inscription suggests a non-Russian origin.

88f51yj7.jpgfakebrass0fe71kd4.jpgfakebrass7f8d1ed6.jpg

So you did ... sorry I had overlooked your message; I was in the States at the time and didn't keep up with all messages as I normally would have.

Good catch about the German inscriptions ... I totally overlooked that as well. At any rate, I reported both of these to German eBay. Might be a good idea to report them to ebay.com as well.

Thanks for the prompt replies! :ninja:

The seller also has some other questionable items such as

Then there's his "Constantine rouble"... :ninja:

55a312aj2.jpg

1) Ruble of Konstantin seller used picture from the book of Museum, I don't remember which one but I will find out then I will be at home(I remember visible h those picture was published )

2)The edge from other coin.

Very bad seller

;);)

1) Ruble of Konstantin seller used picture from the book of Museum, I don't remember which one but I will find out then I will be at home(I remember visible h those picture was published )

2)The edge from other coin.

Very bad seller

;);)

Maybe from the set of Hermitage cards? :ninja:

Anyway, he's supposedly offering a $600,000+ coin (if memory is correct, Markov sold one for about $650,000 a few years ago) for less than $5,000 as a "Buy It Now" listing.

Yeah, sure he is... ;) ;)

A seller to be avoided; he (she?) has been discussed in other threads. The reason

for the "she" is that when I corresponded with this seller two or three years ago she

claimed to be the widow of a collector who was an expert in Russian coins.

RWJ

Archived