• 40-60
    • 60-100
    • 100>
  3. 3. Are you in a relationship?

• Single
    • Maried
    • Serious relashonship
    • Other

I think collecting starts with a state of mind when young. I saw all the classic coins growing up! When I was grown I started buying and trading., selling to get the coins I wanted when I was young. I am a male, married, two kids, great job, own a Jewlery and coin stonw and a pilot.

You own a pilot? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Carl, you're right about there being lots of collectors out there who aren't represented here. There are a number of videos on YouTube about metal detector finds --most of them are just treasure hunting, but some people are real collectors. What if CP hosted a YouTube channel about collecting? It might be very educational. We could also all become media stars. smile.gif

Exactly what I was saying. I'm sure there are millions of people that collect coins. Even the PCGS forums have only 30 or 40 thousand members. And if you added up all the members on all the coin forums, still would be minor compared to how many really collect coins. And as noted a poll on a coin forum only gets people that use the internet and are members of coin forums.

And even with polls like this one, no one really knows who made up what. It is just as possible that half of all replys are bogus. No one really knows. There is an add on TV lately kind of making fun of how the internet is so full of, well you know. So even on a coin forum, people could and many do just say whatever they feel like regardless of real or not. All sort of on the pessimistic view point but I sure would llike to know more detailed resultls of polls like this but on a larger scale.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...