• Single
    • Maried
    • Serious relashonship
    • Other

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lots of members are adding thier occupations, educations, etc. Should have been on the original poll. Could have condensed the ages to 1 to 50, 50 to 1,000. Shoe sizes, a wig, do you pick your nose and other classic important things.

There are usually posts that do ask for some of those such as education or occupation. Saw one like that on the PCGS web site once. Problem there is with over 20,000 members, such a poll vanishes to page 72 within an hour of posting. slight exageration.

It would be interesting to see how many members are male, female or other. Collectors only or also a dealer or and occational seller of coins. Add in what other hobbies, what town/state and/or country, even been in jail or plan on it soon, ever cheat on your wife/husband/etc.

Since it's all in fun, why not?

Since I go to a massive amount of coin shows, gun shows, knife shows, camera shows, computer shows and on and on and on, there is one thing I've noticed over the years.

Coin shows the average age is well over 50. Usually only 1 to 100 women buyers to men. Usually only 1 to 1,000 women dealers versus men. Only 1 in maybe 500 kids to grownups. I see possibly 1 teenager per 10,000 people at such shows.

Gun and or knife shows naturally are close to coin shows but much less females and very, very few kids. And the females at those sort of look like the men.

Computer, camera, dog, cat type shows are usually about 50/50 around here anyway. By that I mean you can find kids both boys and girls, teenagers, mid life people and some, but not lots of older people.

Of course all such statistics are based on the area you live.

What occupation do you have?

What are your vices?

What redeems you?

Are you athletic, artsy, nerdy, boring, or all of the above?

Would you rather: backpack across the world, play shuffleboard on a cruise ship, play Halo 2?

hmm studying still but after few good uni years gonna be an auditor most likely.. well thats the plan now =p

well i listen to loud music :D...even my pc has 5 creative 5.1 speakers with the bass set on max .... eh :ninja: not that i dont like something soft once in a while =p

i umm....well i take care of my 2 dogs :wub: and study..not hard ..but seem to be getting straight b's and a's in the 3 subjects i picked for a lvls :D .

nahh not much athletic..however all the girls i've been with are...weird :S ... i rather jog than play soccer....only like stuff with rackets..like table tennis, badminton, squash, tennis, etc ;) and swimming ofcourse..take part in bahrains yearly marathon aswell and always finish in the top 100 ;) but thats just cause of trying to keep up with friends mostly xD so i can be part athletic but mostly artsy :D..

if you asked me this question a few months back ill most likely say playing world of warcraft because me my cousins and friends played it alot for fun ;) was in the best guild; nihilum, ( i.e. group of players in 1 team doing stuff) in the whole game also but left it cause did everything there was to do and was bored so now id rather backpack across the world ;) oo did play halo but ehh the game was to long.. only played for 2-3 days :D

Must be a pretty big weight on your mind then! :ninja:

The sad thing is that this is not the my first "whale". Happend to me a couple of times in school :D;)

STUDENT

What are your vices?

;)

What redeems you?

:D

ATHLETIC ;)

Would you rather: backpack across the world, play shuffleboard on a cruise ship, play Halo 2?

;)

I wanted to put more quetions on the poll but it limits me to 3 :D

Maybe start a new thread

• 11 months later...
So lots of members are adding thier occupations, educations, etc. Should have been on the original poll. Could have condensed the ages to 1 to 50, 50 to 1,000. Shoe sizes, a wig, do you pick your nose and other classic important things.

There are usually posts that do ask for some of those such as education or occupation. Saw one like that on the PCGS web site once. Problem there is with over 20,000 members, such a poll vanishes to page 72 within an hour of posting. slight exageration.

It would be interesting to see how many members are male, female or other. Collectors only or also a dealer or and occational seller of coins. Add in what other hobbies, what town/state and/or country, even been in jail or plan on it soon, ever cheat on your wife/husband/etc.

Since it's all in fun, why not?

Since I go to a massive amount of coin shows, gun shows, knife shows, camera shows, computer shows and on and on and on, there is one thing I've noticed over the years.

Coin shows the average age is well over 50. Usually only 1 to 100 women buyers to men. Usually only 1 to 1,000 women dealers versus men. Only 1 in maybe 500 kids to grownups. I see possibly 1 teenager per 10,000 people at such shows.

Gun and or knife shows naturally are close to coin shows but much less females and very, very few kids. And the females at those sort of look like the men.

Computer, camera, dog, cat type shows are usually about 50/50 around here anyway. By that I mean you can find kids both boys and girls, teenagers, mid life people and some, but not lots of older people.

Of course all such statistics are based on the area you live.

CLASSIC JustCarl post :ninja:

Married with kids, 47.

professor That means I can occasionally close my office door and play Yahoo Hearts.

What are your vices?

being really cruel to students. no, really, I'm ashamed to say that I do consider it a vice that I am often tempted by the Evil One to spend my money on coins rather than on my kids' college education. Every coin I buy comes with some guilt. But such a pleasurable vice!!!

What redeems you?

Not a lot. Teaching well, if I can, sometimes. Playing with the kids.

Yes. Presently I'm being athletic by proxy through my daughter's soccer games.

I have done the backpack thing before, I'm too old now. I would love to live in London, just to spend every day in a museum and every evening at the Royal Shakespeare.

I have been on a cruise ship, once. Very odd. Fortunately we were on one of the lowest decks so we ran the stairs to keep from becoming fat as WHALES.

As for Halo 2, I do have another vice: Grand Theft Auto III. Of course it's passé (like me) and far inferior to GTA IV, but I keep finding new ways of doing silly things, like riding around on the roof of someone else's car shooting all the bad guys. A creative way to waste time.

I would love to live in London, just to spend every day in a museum and every evening at the Royal Shakespeare.

:ninja:

Maybe every day might be a bit excessive though and I'd rather go and see some Classical productions such as the tragedies.

May I ask as to what you are a professor of?

French. In practice, more language than literature, but in training and inclination, my true love is Flaubert. (There. I've said it.)

It's hard to teach French in Southern California. The moods of Balzac and Proust just don't go with all the sun. :ninja:

I imagine there are bigger problems to teaching French in SoCal - the dominance of Spanish (English in some places) and the power figures (celebs) rejection of anything French (unless they can wear it).

Sorry, I'm bitter. I took French for 9 years and I wish I could use it (and English) more.

WOW!

I didn't realize how many other students there are! I'm the one who doesn't know anything, but is always learning.

Male/15/Single

Deadpoint, your a student!!?!

:ninja: CALL OF DUTY FOR THE WIN! ;)

I imagine there are bigger problems to teaching French in SoCal - the dominance of Spanish (English in some places) and the power figures (celebs) rejection of anything French (unless they can wear it).

Sorry, I'm bitter. I took French for 9 years and I wish I could use it (and English) more.

Don't blame you for being bitter. So why not complain to our government and demand that everyone now has to state:

1. Push 1 for Spanish

2. Push 2 for French

3. Press 3 for English.

4. And just in case there are any still here, Press 4 for American.

I usually like polls of any kind on the internet. There is naturally one small problem. If you poll people on a coin forum, you only get coin people. Even a coin collecting subject would be interesting to have a poll all over the place on the internet. The reason is there are virtually millions of coin collectors that do not belong to coin forums. They may be looking at that utube thing or my space or craigs list but no coin forums. Not sure if I spelled those things right since I don't use them

Carl, you're right about there being lots of collectors out there who aren't represented here. There are a number of videos on YouTube about metal detector finds --most of them are just treasure hunting, but some people are real collectors. What if CP hosted a YouTube channel about collecting? It might be very educational. We could also all become media stars. :ninja:

• 3 years later...