CoinPeople.com

Star notes U.S.

corkykile

Just wanted to ask who the wise guy is that said U.S. star notes are collectible?

I went to the bank and cashed a check for 100.00 today so I could buy groceries for the rest of the month.

There were five $20.00 bills, and two of them are star notes!

Now what am I going to do for groceries? :ninja:

Maybe the notes are not collectible:

EJ02773182*

EF01601404*

?????????????

Corky

P.S. Does anyone collect notes with four consecutive numbers in them?

I found: L37777055R and L11118375A today.

They are collectable. Just depends on which year you mean... I've got some star notes that ran me for a few hundred $$s. To finish my first US note series, I'll need to find some uber rare star notes that go for several thousand dollars in lower grades.

Now this may be a good thread to ask:

Why do we have serial numbers on banknotes????

Oh, I know:

1. So the government can keep tabs on our spending habits.

2. So the government can keep making us think our notes are backed by real precious metal?

3. Because the government is so into numbers they couldn't figure out what else to do?

4. The government wants us to keep guessing that all those numbers in between really exist?

5. So when they sell bank notes to other countries they can keep track of them?

6. So we won't get them mixed up with real money?

7. So we think we have money in our wallets?

8. So we won't try to counterfeit bank notes and stick to fake coinage?

9. So we can't get anything of any value unless we fork over all of our banknotes?

10. uh I give up. Why?

Sure need to check out star notes and see why they are so important.

Guess it is one of those days... :ninja:

Thanks for putting up with me.

Corky

I've been posting more than usual the last few days. I tend to go into a posting frenzy when I've got midterms or (in this case) finals! AHHH!! Back to learning about x-rays!!

Unless the notes are Unc, it's unlikely they are collectable if they are from a common district.

What year and district are these?

Also, where I work I see about 10-20 star notes a day but they are all circulated. I rarely bother with them unless they are older ones. I got about 15 Barr star notes from work so far. Unc star notes are normally what people collect though, otherwise I could flood the market if I purchase all I saw lol.

I've been posting more than usual the last few days. I tend to go into a posting frenzy when I've got midterms or (in this case) finals! AHHH!! Back to learning about x-rays!!

Why on earth do you have finals in March?

I have two midterms tomorrow morning right after one another and I feel like I'm gonna barf.

Wait, whoops, this isn't the whining thread. Apologies.

(((What year and district are these?)))

Well now, I got on the internet and other sites and learned a little about starnotes... too little to keep me in a frenzy about them.

So, as far as collecting them myself, naw.

The bills I got yesterday are circulated, have been folded, and one has some black ink above the left top corner at 20.

The full numbers are EF01601404* F6 under the EF, then FW A 79 (top right corner) A3 (bottom left corner), Series 2004, on the obverse.

The reverse has a lonely 61 tucked in next to 20 the bottom right corner.

The other note is EJ02773182* J10 under the EJ0, FW D 60 upper right corner, and D4 bottom left corner, series 2004 on the obverse.

The reverse has a number 18 next to the number 20 in the bottom right corner.

I haven't the time or the patience to start collecting stars right now, so these will go back into the wallet and be used for groceries.

"To learn something new everyday" is a motto to which I try to remain true.

Thank you all for the kind lessons.

corky

Now this may be a good thread to ask:

Why do we have serial numbers on banknotes????

If there is no serial numbers on banknotes, I may not have a collection 22 years ago. I would have collected something else.

If there is no serial numbers on banknotes, I may not have a collection 22 years ago. I would have collected something else.

lol. thanks for the answer, see. The US Treasury states that "all notes must carry serial numbers so they remain collectable for See of Singapore."

:ninja:

Why on earth do you have finals in March?

I have two midterms tomorrow morning right after one another and I feel like I'm gonna barf.

Wait, whoops, this isn't the whining thread. Apologies.

The lovely quarter system (some call it trimester) that some schools are still on:

Finals 3 times a year. Multiple midterms anytime from the 2nd week of the quarter to the 10th (immediately before finals). We don't start school til late September BUT we don't get out until mid-June.... so I miss my home friends for the first month and last month of the summer... We also don't overlap with spring break and only 2 or 3 weeks of winter break.

The upside to the quarter system? 10 weeks of classes and 1 week of finals - that means the classes you hate are done faster and you get more variety of classes. Its more like a diluted (and deluded) high school schedule - multiple classes for an hour or so each a day then homeworks due every week.

What stinks the most? we never ever sleep and are constantly stressed because we've always got something to do AND multiple midterms AND finals 3 times a year.

Sorry, if you can't tell, I'm stressed and trying to justify it.

Me too. Don't worry about it.

Sorry for derailing the thread!

Sorry, if you can't tell, I'm stressed and trying to justify it.

I'll be stressed just as soon as I start my taxes. Any day now...

Are they teaching you about the new digital x-rays? My dentist uses them.

Only 10% the radiation of "normal" x-rays and they never need to be developed.

They still cost a bloody fortune!

I'll be stressed just as soon as I start my taxes. Any day now...

Are they teaching you about the new digital x-rays? My dentist uses them.

Only 10% the radiation of "normal" x-rays and they never need to be developed.

They still cost a bloody fortune!

Sadly no. Though I was at the dentist the other day wondering about their x-ray machine. We learned about x-rays used to study objects that won't die of radiation poisoning - mostly engineering materials.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, corky! I could go on and on about this stuff but this isn't the place!

Archived