CoinPeople.com

Nicholas II Portrait roubles.

GHV

Hi Forim people,

Please help me with this to make sure (need opinion experienced dealers) :ninja:

Could somebody write dates for Nicholas II Portrait roubles from Rariest date to the common one...

For example:

1xxx

1xxx

Thank You,

Well according to catalogs (skipping some stuff with birdies and such):

1913 - not the Romanoff

1909 - the only one I have ;)

thank you but where is 1896? 1897?... 1898... Bryussel, Paris..? :ninja:

Ahh, well you listed 1904 to 1912 so I thought you were interested in those. :ninja:

The 1890s issues have some patterns and extremely rare edge variants but apart from those exceptions are quite common, so just shove them at the end of the list.

I posted first 1904 because was thinking that its rariest example.

Please somebody post all dates start from rariest (included all edge types and patterns ,*, **, to most common ones guess its 1912, everybody knows. I know 1890s common, but I'm talking about UNC-BU coins. I don not think that 1912 can compair with any other common dates.

Thank You.

Even though 1913 roubles are considered rare (both mintmasters), they come up in every (almost) auction.

Maybe, I've seen it only once or twice, but I don't really follow these things. Here's a fun stat site: http://tsovin.ru/coins/

I just looked through the results on the 1913 roubles for the last 6 years, counting only non Romanoff ones - I saw 8 pieces. So it is pretty scarce. I haven't compared it to the others, except 1909 it came up 16 times.

I posted first 1904 because was thinking that its rariest example.

Please somebody post all dates start from rariest (included all edge types and patterns ,*, **, to most common ones guess its 1912, everybody knows. I know 1890s common, but I'm talking about UNC-BU coins. I don not think that 1912 can compair with any other common dates.

Thank You.

You can buy the reference by V.V. Kazakov which has relative rarity tables for all types and varieties of coins minted during the reign of Nicholas II. Every catalog has a slightly different rating system; Kazakov is the only one I've seen which ranks each coin by date AND variety (including edge variety). It has exactly what you are requesting.

I think it is well worth the money. You can find it on eBay for about $140 offered by "valeriyavaleriya71", e.g. here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300116692395

Of course, the later dates did not have as long a time to circulate until 1917 ... so it is logical that 1912 in BU is much more common than 1897 in BU, for example.

You can buy the reference by V.V. Kazakov which has relative rarity tables for all types and varieties of coins minted during the reign of Nicholas II. Every catalog has a slightly different rating system; Kazakov is the only one I've seen which ranks each coin by date AND variety (including edge variety). It has exactly what you are requesting.

I think it is well worth the money. You can find it on eBay for about $140 offered by "valeriyavaleriya71", e.g. here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=300116692395

Of course, the later dates did not have as long a time to circulate until 1917 ... so it is logical that 1912 in BU is much more common than 1897 in BU, for example.

Thanks Bob, I know there is many books, but sometimes books does not much real life, you know.

That's why I aksed just simple to write dates, after to compair - Books, Mintages, and real life prices. All three togheter should be much different than book's info.

So anybody can tell his opinion? or its hard question? :ninja:

Thanks Bob, I know there is many books, but sometimes books does not much real life, you know.

That's why I aksed just simple to write dates, after to compair - Books, Mintages, and real life prices. All three togheter should be much different than book's info.

Why re-invent a bicycle ? There are lots of resources for this question and the best one , at this time, is , as stated above, the Kazakov's catalog. It provides all the details and all the sequencing you are asking for.

Well, "opinion" and "real life" don't really go together! I don't trust anyone's opinion too much without hard facts (i.e., statistics, knowledge) to back it up.

I disagree with some of Mr. Kazakov's conclusions (e.g.: why poltina of 1899-(Э.Б) should be rarer than 1901-(A.P) or 1902-(A.P)... ;) ), and why he thinks there is no such thing as 1897-** patterns ("birdies")? He doesn't really explain these things too well.

Still, it is the only reference today with the most varieties. Besides, it is really very well done with beautiful pictures and good examples of edge varieties. And most of his information is quite correct, IMHO.

Well, "opinion" and "real life" don't really go together! I don't trust anyone's opinion too much without hard facts (i.e., statistics, knowledge) to back it up.

I disagree with some of Mr. Kazakov's conclusions (e.g.: why poltina of 1899-(Э.Б) should be rarer than 1901-(A.P) or 1902-(A.P)... :ninja: ), and why he thinks there is no such thing as 1897-** patterns ("birdies")? He doesn't really explain these things too well.

Still, it is the only reference today with the most varieties. Besides, it is really very well done with beautiful pictures and good examples of edge varieties. And most of his information is quite correct, IMHO.

Bob thanks again for your post, yes, I know Kazakov's... but as you said not agree with some conclusions...

Looks like its best reference for today. BTW nice book with nice pictures and info.

Thanks again,

GHV,

Archived