CoinPeople.com

Where to sell silver...

cestrin

I have a roll of 1964 Kennedy's that I am looking to sell (college is a great thing... :ninja: ). As they are Kennedy's they have very little numismatic value so I'd probably be selling mostly for silver value. I was wondering if I'd get a better price selling to a dealer or if you think someone would pay more than market on eBay.

Call the local dealers in your area and see what they are paying. Most reputable dealers will give you a quote over the phone. Some of the dealers around my area even have a recorded message with their buy prices. Current around here is about 11.00 per dollar face, so figure about $110 for your roll. You may be able to get a little more by going to a coin show in your area, but it's probably not worth the cost of gas and parking. Ebay tends to be a loser once you consider fees.

Like so many other items that people claim are worth XXX. Yes they are worth that but of course when you try to sell them, that's a different story. Have you tried the people that shoot wearwoves? :ninja: Then of course there is the Lone Ranger.

No most have the same problem with many things. I would suggest finding a dealer that will pay melt value for them. Otherwise I suggest you hold on to them for about 20 years for numismatic value to possibly increase.

Archived