CoinPeople.com

Question about orders from the Royal Mint

Delta

How long do orders from the Royal Mint take to process?

I ordered some 2008 coins just before xmas and they haven't even taken payment yet. I know they said 21 days but I was just wondering if this is always the case.

Also are the crowns full legal tender? Will they always be worth at least face value? If so I may stock up on a few.

Oh and also, are shipping fees free within the UK? As they where stated as £0.00 when I placed my order.

I think shipping is free over a certain amount, perhaps £25?

Royal Mint are very sllllooooowwww and especially so around this time due to postage delays, I'm still waiting for eBay stuff!

I think that the crowns must be legal tender, if from Royal Mint they will generally be greater than face.

Regards,

Clive.

How long do orders from the Royal Mint take to process?

Last time I placed my order on 8 December (web store) and got them just in time for Christmas. So it took two weeks, including shipping the coins from Wales (UK) to North Rhine Westphalia (DE). Oh, and shipping was "£0.00". :ninja: Here is what the Mint says about delivery charges: http://www.royalmint.com/Help/deliveryinformation.aspx Maybe shipping to Germany was free because it was an online order, don't know. But previous orders came free of charge too, so this was not just an error ...

Also are the crowns full legal tender? Will they always be worth at least face value?

What does "full" mean here? Yes, they are legal tender but not issued for circulation. As the Royal Mint http://www.royalmint.com/Corporate/British...ePoundCoin.aspx puts it, "A crown therefore has legal tender status, but since it is not a circulation coin, most retailers will refuse to accept it. In recognition, however, that some people may wish to exchange a crown piece given or purchased as a souvenir, post offices have agreed to accept crowns in exchange for goods and services."

Christian

My "last of old" coins tuned up today! Still not been charged for them. The card was a little creased up, which was disappointing considering I paid £8 for it!

The reason I ask about crowns being legal tender, is because due to some stupid jokey comments made to a friend who owed me money, I now have 17 (yes seventeen) of them on the way ;)

What the heck am I going to do with them! :ninja:

Archived