CoinPeople.com

A very very nice 5kop1773KM on eBay

sigistenz

Hi, the color seems slightly artificial, but this coin is pretty seductive, isn't it? Click the eBay link below.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=019

The seller was so kind as to provide me a picture of the edge which see below. Now - what do you think? I expressed him my doubts about the edge being far too worn (filed to remove a seam from casting?) to match with the splendid sides. Sigi

5kop1773kmedgenh4.jpg

Hi, the color seems slightly artificial, but this coin is pretty seductive, isn't it? Click the eBay link below.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...A:IT&ih=019

The seller was so kind as to provide me a picture of the edge which see below. Now - what do you think? I expressed him my doubts about the edge being far too worn (filed to remove a seam from casting?) to match with the splendid sides. Sigi

When I was in St. Petersburg about 15 years ago I visited the Coin Fair on the island and puchased a Siberian

5 kopeck (1778 I think) for 50 roubles (U.S 50 cents), which was cheap even then. I did not look very carefully

at it, as it was a duplicate, but later on examined it closely and found the edging was far too sharp for the condition

of the coin. The forger had forgotten to smooth down the edge.

RWJ

And thus - can not be refunded... bacause of Russian custom's law..

Presumably it could be returned if you could prove it was made in China last year and is therefore not a genuine antique.

Your average customs official is probably not going believe you though. :ninja:

Look at that one...

May be - that one is a sister... too smooth details

ddb0_1.JPGdfaf_1.JPG

Yeah - I saw this one first, didn't quite like the color, somewhat artificial, but I have that date. Then I saw that same seller's 5kop1773KM which I don't have.

Same strange coloring. The guy was nice enough to furnish the edge of that one. Upon my doubts he added in the eBay offer that he did not guarantee genuineness.

In German. Maybe the Russian buyer didn't realize. :ninja: Sigi

Look at that one...

May be - that one is a sister... too smooth details

ddb0_1.JPGdfaf_1.JPG

Yeah - I saw this one first, didn't quite like the color, somewhat artificial, but I have that date. Then I saw that same seller's 5kop1773KM which I don't have.

Same strange coloring. The guy was nice enough to furnish the edge of that one. Upon my doubts he added in the eBay offer that he did not guarantee genuineness.

In German. Maybe the Russian buyer didn't realize. :ninja: Sigi

Archived