CoinPeople.com

Is this anything good?

Sandwich

The Russian notes that you have shown here are rather common, although the larger bills of the 50 and 100 rubles are not too common. However if you do have any older notes shown here, that might be a completely different story as those notes are actually much scarcer.

Soviet notes on the other hand do have a wide diversity as regions of Russia produced their own notes at different periods of time. Some notes are actually rarer than the others - you might want to take photos of those as well.

Unfortunately I am not a note collector so I can't quite tell the value of these notes.

Hello and welcome!

Nice set of noted you have there. If no-one beats me to it, I will try to check on the values of the notes in the photos tonight after work for you. As Gxseries said, they are mostly rather common, though I'm not intimately familiar with them all. I think I see the 'Shippof' (spelling?) signature on a lot of them, which is a lesser value note, but still collectible. I have a few of them myself.

P.S. - You might think about putting them on Banknotebank.com, a sister site of this one.

Hi, thanks for your help, it would be very generous of you to look up the value for the notes. ....I looked it up, but I don't know what things to look out for and what the major differences are, etc. The most expensive of the ones i could find is the 50 kop going for 40 USD (so it's not really worth selling)...although mine is slightly different. Thanks again, I'll also check out the site you gave me.

EDIT: You're right I have Shipov's signature on all of the notes in the pictures.

I have some old Russian banknotes, and want to know if they're in anyway special/ worth much, etc.......These are only a few...I have a good few early 1900s notes as well and some old soviet notes.

Thanks.

money2.jpg

money5.jpg

money3.jpg

Quoting from the Standard Catalog of World Paper Money Volume Two Eighth Edition (older catalog, but you can add about 1/2 more to the price for VF and higher conditions). Hope this is what you wanted!

In your first picture:

The top is catalog No. P12 - 25 Rubles VG=0.25 VF= 1.00 UNC= 2.00

bottom is Catalog No. P13 - 100 Rubles VG=0.50 VF= 1.00 UNC= 2.00

The second photo:

Three identical notes are P1 - 1 Ruble VG= 0.75 VF= 0.75 UNC= 4.00

The last photo:

This is P8 - 50 Rubles VG= 1.00 VF= 3.00 UNC= 8.00

5, 10, 100, and 500 Rubles from the 1898 series are worth considerably more, especially in better grades. Those notes were replaced by new designs in 1909-1912 which is why the earlier designs are worth more. They were NOT printed in the billions of rubles by the Tsarists, and later Communists after 1917.

I've gotten several of those from the dollar bins at local shows, they may not be worth a whole heck of a lot but they are certainly beautiful notes. I really enjoy mine, and eventually hope to find more. They are some nice additions to your collection.

5, 10, 100, and 500 Rubles from the 1898 series are worth considerably more, especially in better grades.

i think that olso the 50 roubles, including shipov signature, is rare.i want it but i cant find it on the local market. i mean i havent seen it yet. from my experience, at about 1000 5&10 roubles 1909 you will find a 1898 good grade banknote.

Archived