CoinPeople.com

Interested in Participating - 1766 2 ruble

Thee_Immortal_One

Hello,

I am Thee_Immortal_One,

My web page is at www.russian-coins.com

I am going to update the site and need feedback but I am here to brush up on my coin info.

As a first query:

What is the actual rarity of the 1766 gold 2 ruble? I have been chasing this one for awhile.

In my opinion, the 1766 2 Roubles is rare. I see the 1785 2 Roubles more frequently and it is not a common coin.

Welcome to the coinpeople Russian forum!

Hello,

I am Thee_Immortal_One,

I am going to update the site and need feedback but I am here to brush up on my coin info.

As a first query: What is the actual rarity of the 1766 gold 2 ruble? I have been chasing this one for awhile.

The 2 roubles gold coinage of 1766–1786 was written up in the Journal of the Russian

Numismatic Society No. 83 (winter 2006–2007), pages 77–80.

The 1766 2 roubles is a rare coin and I have seen only 11 pieces at auction in the past 6

years. There is only one die pair known at present for this coinage, which indicates a

relatively small issue. There is a novodel reported in the literature but this has not been seen.

RWJ

Hello,

I am Thee_Immortal_One,

As a first query:

What is the actual rarity of the 1766 gold 2 ruble? I have been chasing this one for awhile.

There's one in the upcoming kuenker auction

https://www.kuenker.de/onlineAuctionDetail....49&los=1391

Steve

Archived