CoinPeople.com

Pretty Girls on Banknotes ~ Hong Kong

Scottishmoney

hongkong51972dtl.jpg

hongkong51972.jpg

These notes issued by private banking corporations in Hong Kong are unique in the world, there are only two other places, Ireland and Scotland where private companies can issue paper money. The designs of the notes of Hong Kong go back to 1926 when the British Empire was at an apex. Curiously the European looking feminine vignette seems a bit out of place, considering the note was issued in the commercial hub of Asia. This note is P181e.

hongkong101973dtl.jpg

hongkong101973.jpg

Like the above $5 note, this one portrays a very European appearing female, even so the design continued valiantly being used until 1983, when it was replaced. This note is P182g.

• 5 weeks later...

ScottishMoney...

I must say that you have some striking notes! I am not really into World Currency, however, I am into Beautiful Girls..LOL

Might I also ask you how you prepare the vignet to display it so nicely? I must say you do a great job on presentation!

RickieB

ScottishMoney...

I must say that you have some striking notes! I am not really into World Currency, however, I am into Beautiful Girls..LOL

Might I also ask you how you prepare the vignet to display it so nicely? I must say you do a great job on presentation!

RickieB

Pretty girls on banknotes became one of those really darkside areas of collecting for me last year. I have most of them on my website in the banknotes section.

As for the presentation of the vignettes I use a really really obsolete and unsupported Microsoft software for it, it is barebones and not so flashy like Photoshop, but it gets the job done - Image Composer.

Archived