CoinPeople.com

Government Issue Set Auction #1

SMS

Opening Bid: $0.99

BIN: $17.00

Shipping: $2.15*, will combine multiple wins/purchases

Shipping weight: approx. 7 oz.

Auction End: November 30, afternoon

You will be bidding for a 2000 U.S. Government Issued Proof Set!! The pictures are as close to the original as I was able to get, so bid accordingly.

Thanks for looking!

*U.S. shipments only. International shipments are actual costs based on packaging weight and import restrictions/requirements. Refer to the United States Post Office website and select your country of origin for import restrictions and requirements. And the USPS shipping calculator for an approximate shipping charge.

8b8cn4z.jpg

1 cent - 50 cent, obverse

1 cent - 50 cent, reverse

State Quarters, obverse

State Quarters, reverse

OH man! I forgot that this year had the "Old Man in the Mountain" coin. If you remember the face of the mountain collapsed sometime in 2002-2003 (I think). So the quarters became a hot item for a while with people in NE scoffing up all they could get. This is certainlly one of the sleepers of the SQ set (IMHO). Just think in 100 years when all of NH has pretty much forgotten "The Old Man on the Mountain" and Q.D. Bowers writes about it and the quarter in his CoinWorld/Moon column prices will soar.

How exactly does a proof set end up to be a mere 17USD for BIN?! :ninja: Even with the best USD-AUD exchange rate, proof mint sets in Australia has been going up at a shocking rate. Last time I looked at the 2004 set at 85AUD, I never looked at proof mint sets ever again. At best, it's only UNC coins. ;)

I can spare US$3 for this and even with possible mad shipping rates, it's startling for me to notice where I have been looking at ;)

Archived