CoinPeople.com

2007 s state quarter

corkykile

I bet its the reflection of the frosted letters on the cameo field. If there was a DDO on a 2007 proof coin, we would have heard about it by now. But then again... maybe you have one of the few coins that does have a DDO!

I bet its the reflection of the frosted letters on the cameo field. If there was a DDO on a 2007 proof coin, we would have heard about it by now. But then again... maybe you have one of the few coins that does have a DDO!

Believe me, I tried everything in my power to keep the reflection from causing interference.

I have compared this coin with many others I have received and it is the only one I have found like this.

I am certain the doubling is there, and it isn't flat like machine doubling.

And, of course, my mind says... oh it can't be... but the little voice in my head wants it to be true.

I wish there were some other way to photograph. Or, should I just bite the dollar and send it to be photographed by a professional coin person? If so, who?

Thanks,

Corky

I wish there were some other way to photograph. Or, should I just bite the dollar and send it to be photographed by a professional coin person? If so, who?

Hmm.. well, I'd say one of the variety experts like Ken Potter. Just open a coinworld, look at one of the back articles (I can't remember the column names but they're always about varieties of the current design coins). You'll see names of experts (I think a few of them sometimes can be seen in this forum!) and places to send your questions and coin!

Good luck. Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks and to see what you do.

Hmm.. well, I'd say one of the variety experts like Ken Potter. Just open a coinworld, look at one of the back articles (I can't remember the column names but they're always about varieties of the current design coins). You'll see names of experts (I think a few of them sometimes can be seen in this forum!) and places to send your questions and coin!

Good luck. Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks and to see what you do.

Well, got my letter written, got my coin in a proper slip and got the padded mailing envelopes... now gotta get up my courage to follow through with all of it... :ninja:

The Cowardly Lion

(formerly known as Corky)...

Well, got my letter written, got my coin in a proper slip and got the padded mailing envelopes... now gotta get up my courage to follow through with all of it... :ninja:

The Cowardly Lion

(formerly known as Corky)...

good luck corky!!!

Corky

Im no expert by any stretch of the imagination.! But check the coin against others you have & see if the lettering is thicker/wider.. Also check the letteing for notches, if neither condition exsist, its likely machanicle doubling.. Below is a coin I thought was a DDO.! not the best pic, but note the LIBER, its a mechanicle double.

Picture051-1.jpg

Corky

Im no expert by any stretch of the imagination.! But check the coin against others you have & see if the lettering is thicker/wider.. Also check the letteing for notches, if neither condition exsist, its likely machanicle doubling.. Below is a coin I thought was a DDO.! not the best pic, but note the LIBER, its a mechanicle double.

Picture051-1.jpg

I have been thinking that could be the case.

I have two more of the silver proofs which I checked with 10x and 15x and cannot find the same anomaly on them.

Will check my photos again and see if any extra magnification helps.

Corky

Archived