CoinPeople.com

1955 Wheat Cent Error?

Thanks, I tried about 25 different ways to get a good pic of it to no avail. If it is fact a "cud" is that a good thing? Thamks, Shane

Can anyone give me a quick tip on taking a picture of a penny? I have a Kodak Easyshare and I'm trying to use the micro lens setting with and without flash. Sorry if this is off topic but I want you guys to see this possible error! thanks shane

Welcome to CP, Shane.

Check out Coppercoins.com they have lots of great pics of different die varities. Check out that date and mint and you will probably see some related variety and value.

I have a 1955 S Wheat cent that is virtually brand new. The first 5 in 1955 is filled in with copper. Is this common? Is it what I have read about, a "cud"? Thanks for any help! Shane

If the glob is up in the left corner of the 5 then I have one also. I wrote it off as a cud except mine is a bit more circulated. If you have a college nearby try using their librarys scanner, or a business like "Staples copy Center" Take your own disc or zip and they can scan it at all kinds of sizes.

Archived