CoinPeople.com

Exact I.D.'s of this Money

leperchaun

Hows it going people? I am from North Dakota area and I have alot of old foreign Coins and Paper Money from my dad. he collected things years ago that he thought would be good to have or shoudl be worth something in todays world and the year 2007. I am in process of going through and trying to get the Exact I.D.'s of this Money. My dad figure there is a few things that he had in his collection that should be failry Rare/ or worth Money as I HOPE SO LOL. Thanks

Hi can anyone tell me just a few coutries or coins that I might have that are like the rare or the THING to have maybe? I am just trying to get a jump on my quest? thanks

I suppose the best thing to do is make soem kind of list and tons of pictures of all your coins? I just wonder if theres anyhting that is like good to have or worth lots of money maybe?

Hi And welcome to the site. I would have to tell you that individual pictures of the coins you would like to know about will help us to provide you with the correct information you are looking for. You could also look into purchasing a few books that also might help you. For world coins you would need to get Standard Catalog of World Coins 1901-2000. It's about the size of a big telephone book.

As for picking random coins out of the air that are woth alot. There would be too many to list.

It's rather unfair to generalize what countries are worth a fair amount as there is a huge combination of what makes a coin valuable. Mintmarks, years, conditions, metal, etc are just factors of what makes a coin valuable. For a start, perhaps you can post some photos and we might be able to tell you what's valuable there.

Welcome to coinpeople by the way.

If you want to get a sort of general overview of what you have (and can identify the coins), you could make a list of the pieces without pictures: Country, face value, year. We might then be able to tell you that this or that coin has a value of, say, "between 50 cents and 50 dollars". This way you would at least know that the coin in question is not some extremely rare piece which is worth thousands of $$. :ninja:

For more detailed info you would have to know what condition the coin is in. The same type of coin can be worth hardly anything (if well circulated) or quite a lot (in excellent condition). That is where photos help a lot. And, of course, if you stumble upon coins that you cannot identify.

If you actually have a bunch of coins, try and follow Brett's advice - get that World Coins catalog. Maybe your local library has it, or can get it from another library. And even though it usually is a good idea to use the most recent edition of such a catalog, for an overview you don't really need the newest one ...

Christian

Hello and welcome.

Even thou I would STRONGLY recommend buying a standard catalog of world coins 1901-2000, you could always take a look at ebay-world coins- to see the different coins and some of the price ranges they are asking / getting for coins. I would not try to "match up" a coin that you have and a coin for sale as each coin is different in its own way, like grade, mint mark and metal content to name a few.

Please post some GOOD pictures and Im sure you will get some good replys.

Archived